Posted (edited)

Is this a type of Chieftan tank? Or something else?

The letters/numbers on the front are : 24KK27

I00006xcWZpPWf8E.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Edited by geogphotos

My son, who is a tank nut, says it is a British AS-90 SP (self propelled) gunship made by the Vickers company.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you both.

I did try Google before asking here but had no results for 24KK27 tank.

Wim - try the commentary on your video link - very odd.

Michael- please say thank you to your son. 

:D

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

Hello.

The digits 24 KK 27 on the front are the vehicle's registration details. The UK's MOD vehicles have a different number plate registration system than civilian vehicles.

Here's an image of 24 KK 14 on this website, which may help you with some keywords to add.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/as90.htm

59 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Hello.

The digits 24 KK 27 on the front are the vehicle's registration details. The UK's MOD vehicles have a different number plate registration system than civilian vehicles.

Here's an image of 24 KK 14 on this website, which may help you with some keywords to add.

http://www.military-today.com/artillery/as90.htm

Thank you Albert Snapper. :)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

My son, who is a tank nut, says it is a British AS-90 SP (self propelled) gunship made by the Vickers company.

Michael, I have 3 pics of this tank, taken outside the Royal Artillery Regiment at Larkhill, Wiltshire.

I realise that they are fairly static/unexciting but if your son would like to download them to make a personal print I would be delighted. Just let me know.

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Michael, I have 3 pics of this tank, taken outside the Royal Artillery Regiment at Larkhill, Wiltshire.

I realise that they are fairly static/unexciting but if your son would like to download them to make a personal print I would be delighted. Just let me know.

Thanks for the offer, he has every book, it seems, on tanks of the world and we have been to just about every museum, that has tanks, in the USA....next stop is the Bovington museum, when I can afford it.  He even plays an online tank game.  I will check with him about your generous offer. 

Michael

3 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thanks for the offer, he has every book, it seems, on tanks of the world and we have been to just about every museum, that has tanks, in the USA....next stop is the Bovington museum, when I can afford it.  He even plays an online tank game.  I will check with him about your generous offer. 

Michael

I won't be hurt if he doesn't want them!!

18 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

He even plays an online tank game.  

World of Tanks! Great game that I enjoy and my oldest son plays a lot and as a result he really wants to visit the museum at Bovington.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

World of Tanks! Great game that I enjoy and my oldest son plays a lot and as a result he really wants to visit the museum at Bovington.

Yep, that’s the game my son plays.  And Bovington is on his bucket list.....see you there maybe!

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2018 at 13:20, Matt Ashmore said:

Oh my, I play that all the time.  Finally got a Tier X tank earlier this week - IS7.

All,

Another one here who plays those games, although as I'm more of a naval nut I tend to play World of Warships nowadays. By the way, that's definitely a AS-90, standard British Army 155mm self-propelled artillery piece.

Gary