Posted (edited)

New Tesco superstore and I notice how fresh, clean, bright the new sign is against the vibrant, blue sky as the late afternoon sun shines perfectly on it.

Posh man addressing me in carpark with young son : ' I hope that you are taking a photo of the moon rather than that Tesco sign'. Posh guffawing noise

Me, very upbeat : ' The sign, it is nice and new. So many Tesco signs are quite old looking by now aren't they?' ( Realise that I sound like a weirdo obsessive)

Posh man : " Oh I suppose so....." walking away quickly child in hand 

Posh man son speaking in a whisper: 'Daddy, why is that man taking a photo of the Tesco sign?'

Posh man " 'Don't know darling ...shall we go and buy Mummy a nice present".

Posh man and son are now holding hands tighter than before and walking swiftly away.

I take several photos from slightly different angles, hamming it up a bit, and notice that I am observed through backward glances. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

Staking out your place on the autistic Spectrum, I see.

SIG.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Especially in April with another cloud about to block out the sun for 20 minutes.

This animated nutter whacking his car into the parking slot, jumping out, and snapping away at what normal people don't even see.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1

Yes, it's been a real pain today, trying to get a straight half- hour of sunshine for a timelapse of the Steenbeck.

Yesterday I had to make my own with a spotlight and card flags to make shadows. Worked quite well in closeup.

That made me laugh, I'm impressed though,  I feel so self conscious . In the early 80's I was filming at Windsor safari Park, two lovely old ladies came over and asked what we were doing, the cameraman said ' we are filming this for historical value as there's going to be a motorway built through here next year' they walked away distraught.. being a green camera assistant I didn't know how to react..

I can empathise with all of that, try being an englishman down here in west cork, they are lovely people but my accent is not helpfull:). Nearly started a full blown fight between two market stall holders when taking a few shots of one, his neighbour demanded to know why his stall was not good enough to be photographed. Sometime you just got to go with the punches.

Andy

2 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

I can empathise with all of that, try being an englishman down here in west cork, they are lovely people but my accent is not helpfull:). Nearly started a full blown fight between two market stall holders when taking a few shots of one, his neighbour demanded to know why his stall was not good enough to be photographed. Sometime you just got to go with the punches.

Andy

Sound very Irish. In London they'd have taken a swing at  you.

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

New Tesco superstore and I notice how fresh, clean, bright the new sign is against the vibrant, blue sky as the late afternoon sun shines perfectly on it.

Posh man addressing me in carpark with young son : ' I hope that you are taking a photo of the moon rather than that Tesco sign'. Posh guffawing noise

Me, very upbeat : ' The sign, it is nice and new. So many Tesco signs are quite old looking by now aren't they?' ( Realise that I sound like a weirdo obsessive)

Posh man son speaking in a whisper: 'Daddy, why is that man taking a photo of the Tesco sign?'

Posh man and son are now holding hands tighter than before and walking swiftly away.

I take several photos from slightly different angles, hamming it up a bit, and notice that I am observed through backward glances. 

Been there got the T-Shirt.... For me it was a new Waitrose.... and John Lewis.... M&S...  need I go on... :D

Mark

2 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Been there got the T-Shirt.... For me it was a new Waitrose.... and John Lewis.... M&S...  need I go on... :D

Mark

I work downtown so now that I have that little Sony, I have experienced this 4 times this week...:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Mark

Must be used to loonies with camera's in Aldi and Lidl, never had an issue in their car parks :D

8 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Andy

possible diplomatic answer:

It's the current light and photography is all about the light  - I am sure you do not want your stall to look rubbish compared to your neighbours, so I will come back and check your stall at a time when it is in better light.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hdh said:

possible diplomatic answer:

It's the current light and photography is all about the light  - I am sure you do not want your stall to look rubbish compared to your neighbours, so I will come back and check your stall at a time when it is in better light.  

My response would be to say "I am about to get to you, and take a few shots. Then go for a coffee and delete them!". At least with digital it is just a waste of a few moments, rather than a real cash cost per exposure!

The point was they were both arguing with each other over who had the better stall, not at me. My response was " i'll be back in few minutes fella's when you have decided who looks the prettiest", grins all round and problem solved. 

Andy.

14 hours ago, Kelv said:

That made me laugh, I'm impressed though,  I feel so self conscious . In the early 80's I was filming at Windsor safari Park, two lovely old ladies came over and asked what we were doing, the cameraman said ' we are filming this for historical value as there's going to be a motorway built through here next year' they walked away distraught.. being a green camera assistant I didn't know how to react..

It's known as Legoland nowadays I believe! :-)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sound very Irish. In London they'd have taken a swing at  you.

What does very Irish mean? 

A reversal of the usual expectations. Two stallholders arguing about the worthiness of their presentations instead of regarding the photographer with suspicion.

Do you mean an unlikely  rational debate between the stallholders then as to whose stall was better or a certain gullibility in not regarding the photographer with suspicion? I would not consider either to be specifically Irish qualitites myself. 

• Like 1

I think what Mark might mean is the Irish are more willing to blame themselves for their shortcomings rather than always blaming everything on outsiders :)

Alan

On 25/04/2018 at 18:30, geogphotos said:

Where’s this new Tesco? Suffolk or further afield?  I have a sudden urge to photograph shiny new shop signs just to see if I encounter Posh Man. 🤪

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ACC said:

Where’s this new Tesco? Suffolk or further afield?  I have a sudden urge to photograph shiny new shop signs just to see if I encounter Posh Man. 🤪

Not Suffolk, down near the mother-in-law in Wiltshire. I was picking up a few beers to self-medicate.

I see that you have beaten me to the newly painted Anchor pub. I'll be there as soon as the sun returns!:)

I also notice that we have competition moving into our patch from the Lake District in the form of John Morrison!  ( see-  Favourite images uploaded - April 2018)

Welcome John :P...just kidding. 

Edited by geogphotos

24 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Not Suffolk, down near the mother-in-law in Wiltshire. I was picking up a few beers to self-medicate.

I see that you have beaten me to the newly painted Anchor pub. I'll be there as soon as the sun returns!:)

I also notice that we have competition moving into our patch from the Lake District in the form of John Morrison!  ( see-  Favourite images uploaded - April 2018)

Welcome John :P...just kidding. 

Yes isn’t that a bright coat of paint - new tag “shocking pink pub”. 😎

15 minutes ago, ACC said:

Yes isn’t that a bright coat of paint - new tag “shocking pink pub”. 😎

It looks all wrong to me, especially in contrast to the soft Suffolk pink you have in the background of a couple of your pics.

Bright purple! 

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 18:30, geogphotos said:

Posh Man buys his wife a present in Tesco's

Posh wife beats him around the head with it and cites "cheapness" in divorce papers.

God help him if had been ASDA!

17 minutes ago, Stephen Lloyd said:

Posh Man buys his wife a present in Tesco's

Posh wife beats him around the head with it and cites "cheapness" in divorce papers.

God help him if had been ASDA!

Not when he buys her a PU licence to make a picture for above the fire-place

I0000PXiVeR8pi1c.jpg