I'm in and intend to stay that way. In my experience the peanut priced deals are outweighed by more reasonable sales; although it does hurt when the commission cuts in. In this bleak month to date  I've only had 5 sales of which 3 are distributors.

I'm in.  Why not?  Non-distributor fees can be very low too.

Out of 14 sales so far this month, my three distributor sales (gross) were: $142, $51 and $8.  Not far different from regular sales (although I get 20% less).  Not worth throwing away though.

In. Only two distributor sales so far this year. Regarding my Stock portfolios, I'll take income from wherever it comes. But still disappointed at the 'net' result as it's the contributor who always seems to lose out. In the long term it reminds me of the saying, 'Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg'. However, all supply and demand in a saturated market!

Jim ;)   

$ is $...why wouldn't you opt in? with so much competition, it's not like you are punishing anyone for not being able to use your image...and if it helps with your ranking, which leads to more sales....

11 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

IN. Though it doesn't impact me much as I'm UK based with no overseas images and so only occasionally do I license something through a distributor.

A good few of my distro sales are of UK images. Maybe 20-30%.

Opted out earlier this month.  Small US portfolio with no distributor sales so far.   Image prices are already too low and distributor sales take too large a percentage cut.  If portfolio was larger and/or diversified with non-US images I might consider it in future.  Otherwise Alamy's web site is available world-wide.

3 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

IN, every sale improves your ranking, no?

Yes and no. Not sure about now but in the past, the price of the sale was also taken into account for ranking. So it could be a double-edge sword.

BTW, I am IN.

Gen

Archived