Looking for info about non-scheme sales

A quick little factoid for you all:

On average, being fully opted into the distribution scheme boosts your overall revenue on Alamy by 20%. With this in mind we'd always recommend opting in as it's a way of maximising your selling potential on Alamy.

:)

On average, being fully opted into the distribution scheme boosts your overall revenue on Alamy by 20%. With this in mind we'd always recommend opting in as it's a way of maximising your selling potential on Alamy.

That is a really encouraging number!

I wish we could say the same for the newspaper *scheme*.

Or can we?

wim

Or can we?

wim

I can't share average figures for the newspaper scheme however, you should think of it this way:

• The newspaper scheme is UK only
  • The UK is our second biggest market
  • Sales into the newspaper industry is one is one of our major revenue sources
  • Over 98% of photographers are opted IN 

This all means that if you are not opted in, you're effectively in the 2% who are removing a major potential revenue stream from their Alamy portfolio. We'd therefore highly recommend opting in. 

James A

Or can we?

wim

I can't share average figures for the newspaper scheme however, you should think of it this way:

This all means that if you are not opted in, you're effectively in the 2% who are removing a major potential revenue stream from their Alamy portfolio. We'd therefore highly recommend opting in. 

James A

I have been in from the start, thank you James!

- But not a large supplier. Not the biggest contributor to begin with ;-)

Is it true that those clients that are in the scheme, are unable to see images from contributors who are not in the scheme?

And did the total amount that the clients in the scheme spend, go up after the scheme was introduced, or has it largely remained the same? (For whatever reason, like recession or elasticity of price or market.)

wim

Or can we?

wim

James A

I have been in from the start, thank you James!

- But not a large supplier. Not the biggest contributor to begin with ;-)

Is it true that those clients that are in the scheme, are unable to see images from contributors who are not in the scheme?

And did the total amount that the clients in the scheme spend, go up after the scheme was introduced, or has it largely remained the same? (For whatever reason, like recession or elasticity of price or market.)

wim

I can't discuss expenditure stats of the scheme for confidentiality reasons I'm afraid.

To answer your other question, if you're a client that's in the scheme and you're logged into the site you will only see images in the search results that are opted in.

Cheers

James A

James A

I think it's a major revenue stream for Alamy but not for individual photographers. A few $6 sales a month isn't a major revenue stream.

Archived