Favourite images uploaded - April 2018

gvallee

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

Tee Hee!  BTW I saw your telephone number earlier in another thread and wondered if you would mind me putting it into my mobile, just in case.

Allan

You can absolutely put my number in your mobile and ring/text me any time. :)

52 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

You can absolutely put my number in your mobile and ring/text me any time. :)

Thank you.

Allan

1 hour ago, Brasilnut said:

Do tourist still fall for the "shell game" scam? Unbelievable!

I published a post on my blog on the "6 most common scams in Italy" to watch out for this summer and included this obvious one (at least to me).

Con artists performing Shell Game scam to suspecting victims using matchsticks and small paper ball. The aim of the game is to predict in which box the ball will end up Stock Photo

He does it the wrong way. 

He should have put his left index finger on the leftmost thinggy and then turned around the other two.

that is showing they are empty and the one he has his finger on, has the ball.  

Beware - depending on how criminal the criminals actually are - one runs the risk of being beaten up or mugged when using this counter trick.

(I myself never did, neither would I risk)   

On 4/6/2018 at 12:58, John Mitchell said:

I haven't been able to do much photography lately, but here are two that I like.

Lively street art, Vancouver

colorful-street-art-in-the-west-end-neig

Left to right: Buddy Rich, Art Blakey?, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Benny Goodman, Sarah or Ella?, Dave Brubeck.

Cute baby animals from very warm India...

MA96GN.jpg

MA96GN  Two month old Bengal Tiger Cub in Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve, India

MA96HE.jpg

MA96HE  Baby Gray Langur or Hanuman Langur on his mother's lap, Bandhavgarh National Park, India

Paulette

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Left to right: Buddy Rich, Art Blakey?, Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Benny Goodman, Sarah or Ella?, Dave Brubeck.

Charlie Mingus (bass), Max Roach (drums), Dizzy Gillespie (trumpet), Charlie Parker (sax), Benny Goodman (clarinet), Ella Fitzgerald (vocals), Dave Brubeck (piano)

I'm going for the most diverse three images I can put in one post. I like to think of it as evidence of my newly acquired 'stock mindset'. But maybe I should open the letter from my GP. My results are back...

alpaca-grazing-land-in-radyr-south-wales

rusting-padlock-securing-a-gate-on-priva

cardiff-castle-south-wales-MB1HJ7.jpg

A mysterious image because of the crystal ball.  Shot last year and forgotten because deemed uninteresting.   I took a second look cleaning archives and now I like the composition which i find loaded with motivating metaphors: stay on track, look into the future, its solid, jump on the train, etc.   

a-railroad-track-and-bridge-seen-through

3 hours ago, klod said:

A mysterious image because of the crystal ball.  Shot last year and forgotten because deemed uninteresting.   I took a second look cleaning archives and now I like the composition which i find loaded with motivating metaphors: stay on track, look into the future, its solid, jump on the train, etc.   

I like that picture too, 

You also turned it 180° (upside down), which makes it more mysterious, correct? 

11 hours ago, hdh said:

I like that picture too, 

You also turned it 180° (upside down), which makes it more mysterious, correct? 

Yes turned around.  I love playing with the crystal ball but the drawback is that the reflected image is always upside down.

Archived