18 minutes ago, Martin B said:

I think what he is saying, and it makes sense, is that for every serious contributor who knows what they are doing, there are probably dozens that upload a few hundred or less images, and then give up because they are not getting any sales right away or it is too much work. 

why I made my first year upload goals and not sales...getting files up, I can control, sales, I can not...but have to just trust that if you do one, the other will come.

2 hours ago, Martin B said:

I think what he is saying, and it makes sense, is that for every serious contributor who knows what they are doing, there are probably dozens that upload a few hundred or less images, and then give up because they are not getting any sales right away or it is too much work. 

Yes, exactly. And in general, those who gave up will find their images sinking to the point where they won't count as competition.

And ... I've been working on the theory that I'm only competing against the first page or two of a given search. 

10 hours ago, Martin B said:

I certainly agree with that. I think the majority of contributors fall into that category. But at the same time the minority of contributors who don't give up continue adding images. 

Archived