Have you found any Alamy images in April 2018

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Times 19th

MD3MG3 Aberystwyth Wales UK, Wednesday 18 April 2018 People enjoying a swim at sunset in Aberystwyth at the end of a day of gloriously warm spring sunshine, as temperatures across the UK start to soar into the high 20’s centigrade, making it the warmest April weather for many years. photo © Keith Morris / Alamy Live News

Not seeing this anywhere in the app or print....which edition was this in?

thanks

km

43 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Not seeing this anywhere in the app or print....which edition was this in?

thanks

km

English Edition - News

Britain set for hottest April day in 70 years

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/britain-set-for-hottest-april-day-in-70-years-7dmsxgcm8

Times 20th

J2R7PK   Simon Balson  Virgin Money London Marathon 2017, The Highway, London, UK

J21GWC  Avpics  Fun runners in the 2017 London Marathon. The masses of fun runners raise vast sums for charity, often wearing fancy costumes

JGM4H9 Peter Devlin    Female apprentices in heavy industry

CWJ9TX   srijanrc insects  Fly, Fruit fly, resting on green leaf in bright sunlight, copy space, close up

F4KWXH  travellinglight The Cathedral Church of Saint Philip, Birmingham Cathedral, Birmingham, West Midlands, England

EY6R4J   JoeFox  Queen Elizabeth 2 law courts crown court Birmingham UK

Scottish Edition

F0R8YJ     Jon Sparks Harbour at Crinan Argyll Scotland at one end of the Crinan Canal

Irish Edition

A71459     Andre Jenny  AJ0965, Europe, Republic of Ireland, Ireland, IRL, Eire, Waterford

Business

KK1B5D   eye35 stock  jenners Edinburgh scotland edinburgh jenners department store interior showing three different retail levels or floors Edinburgh Scotland uk gb europe

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/16095-rtkl-devils-pool-sambia-planschen-am-abgrund-der-victoriafaelle
Planschen am Abgrund der Victoriafälle
Splashing at the precipice of Victoria Falls

Middle aged caucasian woman looking over the edge of Victoria Falls in Devils Pool, example of adventure holiday, Zambia Africa
DH0947 Mauritius images / Kumar Sriskandan / Alamy RM

22 minutes ago, DDoug said:

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/16095-rtkl-devils-pool-sambia-planschen-am-abgrund-der-victoriafaelle
Planschen am Abgrund der Victoriafälle
Splashing at the precipice of Victoria Falls

Middle aged caucasian woman looking over the edge of Victoria Falls in Devils Pool, example of adventure holiday, Zambia Africa
DH0947 Mauritius images / Kumar Sriskandan / Alamy RM

Thanks for the spot DDoug!

The wife will be pleased LOL

Kumar (the Doc one)

ps. Nothing to do with Mauritius Images

You're very welcome, Kumar. Second time I've seen this shot, like it a lot. (Cue the rainbow!)

GEO almost always buys Alamy photos through the distributor deal with Mauritius, unfortunately, though they sometimes buy directly when they want a shot that isn't in the program.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Thanks for the spot DDoug!

The wife will be pleased LOL

Kumar (the Doc one)

ps. Nothing to do with Mauritius Images

Ha! Wish I’d had a camera rather than my iPhone when I did that. The chap holding my legs asked my husband if he should push me a bit further out. Why he didn’t ask me I have no idea!

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/20/michael-gove-cotton-bud-ban-wipe-out-plastic
BFXHDM Rosanne Tackaberry Laysan Albatross adult and chick on nest dwarfed by pile of marine debris
A90Y1N Clynt Garnham  A youngster recycling plastic bottles in an automatic bottle bank vending machine
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/apr/20/the-spinning-block-holmes-mill-clitheroe-lancashire-hotel-review-food
BTJA01 Ashley Cooper A remote hill farm in the Brennand Valley
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2018/apr/20/mallorcas-scenic-roads-designed-for-early-motorists-are-a-cyclists-dream
CR766J Westend61 GmbH/Daniel Simon  Man and woman cycling on road at Cap de Formento

20/04/2018, UK, Guardian, p28, Patti Murin at opening night of Frozen, M970E6, Jason Smith/Everett Collection Inc
20/04/2018, UK, Guardian, p30, caribou in Canada, EHYKNG, Newman Mark/Prisma by Dukas Presseagentur GmbH [Alamy credit only]
20/04/2018, UK, Guardian [Journal section], p4, French Revolution engraving, BJMT13, PRISMA ARCHIVO
20/04/2018, UK, Guardian G2, p4, still from Grease, BKB53X, Moviestore collection Ltd [Alamy credit only]

2 hours ago, Sally said:

Ha! Wish I’d had a camera rather than my iPhone when I did that. The chap holding my legs asked my husband if he should push me a bit further out. Why he didn’t ask me I have no idea!

We ended up by doing that trip twice - the first time I refused to take expensive equipment in the water across to the pool, and the second time because I decided it just had to be done!

No equipment casualties I am glad to say (or personal ones!!)

Kumar

Found in the Guardian 20-4-18 by Adie

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/20/home-office-failed-foresee-policys-terrible-windrush-effects

Home Office Immigration enforcement vehicles in Southwark, London, SE1, UK Stock Photo

Photograph of Home Office Immigration enforcement vehicles

Photographer: Benjamin John / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID: K3NG4F

Found in the Sun 20-4-18 by Adie

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/6101852/shocking-stats-reveal-brits-think-its-acceptable-to-speed-by-up-to-9mph-over-the-limit-and-its-worst-in-20mph-zones/

Cars on motorway. UK Stock Photo

Photo of Cars on motorwa in the UK

Photographer: Derek Croucher / Alamy Stock Photo

Image ID: BDPRF3

Times 21st

KHW1F6   paul rolph  RAF Mildenhal airforce airbase entrance gate sign with KC 135 in background

CB17HW    Patricia Phillips  18 May 2012 London UK, The University of Southern California Trojans Marching Band show off their skills 

Scottish Edition

EHPC43  Findlay    Ambulances parked outside an Accident and Emergency department at a local hospital, Ayrshire, Scotland, UK

M73RMN    Edinburgh, UK. 8th March, 2018. Jeane Freeman MSP at the Scottish Parliament for First Ministers Questions. Credit: Roger Gaisford/Alamy Live News

AM759T  Alan Novelli  BBC Scotland, Imax Theatre & River Clyde at Night, Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Irish Edition

ROLLINGNEWS/ALAMY Together for Yes - can't find it lapsed live news?

M6A8EC  Stephen Power Storm Emma brings snow to Valentia Island in County Kerry, Ireland for the first time in 8 years

World

MC76DN  Neil Watkin French Navy (Cruise Missile) armed warship, FS Aquitaine, at Portsmouth Naval Base, UK on the 5th October 2014 during a short courtesy visit

H626C1   trekandshoot   Lake Merritt Park near Downtown Oakland, California

G0CTKM    Zoonar/Adrian Hancu Conseil d'Etat - Council of State, Paris France

Business

A5GJEH  blickwinkel/McPHOTO/PAT  Nuclear Power Station, United Kingdom, Nordwestengland, Sellafield

A44TNG  David Robertson  Black Law Wind Farm near Forth, South Lanarkshire, Scotland, UK

Money

K2WJM7  Russell Hart  An HM Revenues & Customs letterhead surrounded by new £1 coins and a £5 note

BFD4P2   Paul Brown Carnival Triumph Cruise Ship in Nassau harbour

EN5EFE Sean Pavone  Shanghai, China financial district skyline on the Huangpu River

Weekend

J8665B Alex Ramsay Along the Mortimer Trail long distance footpath in Herefordshire, UK, in early summer. A long avenue of beech trees leads to the summit of Wapley Hill

J1MNWT GWI/Jenny Lilly  VIBURNUM CARLESII AURORA

J1TMN1 GWI/Rita Coates  SYRINGA X JOSIFLEXA 'BELLICENT'

C35YFD   Rob Whitworth  Syringa vulgaris 'Charles Joly' flowering in spring - Lilac

Curry Plant - can't find it

A7MWN8   Peter Anderson  Epilobium angustifolium 'Album' white rosebay

Travel

C22JGB  Kumar Sriskandan  Air travellers sleeping in the departure lounge, terminal 5, Heathrow airport, London UK

FAPY6J   Gillian Moore  St Helena Island South Atlantic Ocean Lot & Lots wife formations on South side of St Helena with flax growing in the foreground

G0KXTB Ian G Dagnall  "Napoleon Bonaparte on Board the Bellerophon in Plymouth Sound" by Sir Charles Lock Eastlake, oil on canvas, 1815. Bonaparte had surrendered to Captain Frederick Lewis Maitland

CF8F26  Gillian Moore    Saint Helena island RMS St Helena moored at Jamestown South Atlantic Ocean

MDAE3H Malcolm Park/Alamy Live NewsDaily Telegraph UK 20.4.18, Commonwealth Heads of Government Youth Group, page 2.

MDAEYG Malcolm Park/Alamy Live News, The Times UK 20.4.18, Commonwealth Heads of Government Gun Salute Green Park, page 6.

USA, The Washington Post, April 21st 2018 issue

In the front page section, a reuse of a photo from last week's travel in the editorial page.

Pg. A13, Mojave Desert, Nevada, Ron Neibrugge

valley-of-fire-state-park-mojave-desert-

Travel section, April 22nd 2018 issue

Pg. F2, Loggerhead turtle, Belize, Kip Evans

loggerhead-turtle-belize-c0wda0.jpg

Pg. F6, Washington Square Park, New York City, Alex Segre

washington-square-park-new-york-city-ame

Archived