Phil Robinson

Length of licence

Recommended Posts

Anyone else fed up with this (just an example, one of MANY)?

 

Start: 01 February 2018
End: 01 February 2023
Guide Book. 1 year duration. 

 

Is it five years or one year????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a new edition every year but people keep the old ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at licenses from my sales, I have the impression that Alamy licenses are mostly correct - difficult to check as I can’t find usage from all of them - but distributors very lose - both in time and usage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Anyone else fed up with this (just an example, one of MANY)?

 

Start: 01 February 2018
End: 01 February 2023
Guide Book. 1 year duration. 

 

Is it five years or one year????

 

It's certainly confusing. If Alamy asked me about an exclusive where the image had been licensed previously this way, I'd have to send it back to them for an explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

Looking at licenses from my sales, I have the impression that Alamy licenses are mostly correct - difficult to check as I can’t find usage from all of them - but distributors very lose - both in time and usage?

 

How can they be 'correct' when there are two different periods on the report? - they can't both be right. And this happens A LOT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

 

How can they be 'correct' when there are two different periods on the report? - they can't both be right. And this happens A LOT

 

It's confusing alright. Guidebooks are often updated every year, so I guess it might mean that the image can be used each year for five years -- i.e. in five separate annual editions of the same guide.

 

But who knows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it affects licensing dates/times but guide books are produced in various languages too.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not just guidebooks

 

Other book:

Start: 15 January 2018
End: 15 January 2023
Duration: 4 years.

 

Website:

Start: 01 December 2017
End: 01 December 2022
Duration: 1 year.

 

Magazine:

Start: 01 December 2017
End: 01 December 2022
Duration: 3 months

 

Start: 01 February 2018
End: 01 February 2021
Online PDF Rights Included. Duration: 7 years

 

Website:

Start: 01 January 2018
End: 01 January 2023
Germany, Duration: one month,

 

Magazine:

Start: 01 January 2018
End: 01 January 2023
Duration: 3 months

 

Book:

Start: 01 March 2017
End: 01 March 2022
Duration: 7 years

 

Website:

Start: 01 May 2017
End: 01 May 2022
Flat rate per image. Bulk discount. Duration: 1 year

 

......

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now