Constructing the new Wear bridge, Sunderland

National Newspaper, print and online.

construction-of-new-river-wear-bridge-in

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1
On 14/03/2018 at 15:03, Avpics said:

Sold today a bit of a throw away image that went from live news to stock of a woman that had been swimming in the sea during 'Storm Brian'. Moral: Keep everything?

This image from the 2015 running has just sold for just shy of three figures, a style of image which I have more appealing ones from more recent events in better weather!

2015-london-marathon-EN2AK4.jpg

• Upvote 1

I can't tell you how nice it is to finally be able to post something on this thread!!  

This is a RF sale, presentation use, U.S. Region.  Its the Kymulga Grist Mill in Childersburg Alabama.  This was a zoom some time ago.

kymulga-grist-mill-and-covered-bridge-in

• Like 1
On 27/03/2018 at 18:37, Sally said:

Start of the end of month surge, perhaps. News sale

edinburgh-scotland-united-kingdom-21st-f

The sale I reported yesterday was refunded today, and another sale for more than twice the amount recorded. First time I have had a refund, and also the first time I have had a sale for over $100. :)

The difference appears to be that it was for a print and digital license, rather than digital only.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sally said:

The sale I reported yesterday was refunded today, and another sale for more than twice the amount recorded. First time I have had a refund, and also the first time I have had a sale for over $100. :)

The difference appears to be that it was for a print and digital license, rather than digital only.

Congratulations, an excellent result! 

Never had that happen, normally refunds at best mean a lower value deal.

3 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Congratulations, an excellent result! 

Never had that happen, normally refunds at best mean a lower value deal.

Thanks.  Yes, I wonder how the mistake was corrected.  I certainly haven't been able to find it anywhere online.  Print run up to 2 million, too.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

If only I could figure out this : Licence covers multiple flashes per image during the series; DIstribution:UK and Eire

I've had two of these licences this month

TV.

Edo might just recognise this one.

Textbook

brooklyn-bridge-and-manhattan-skyline-fr

Had a good month for bridge photos, 3 off the same shot of a train crossing a bridge, new bridge across the Wear, this one, and a bridge shot in the Times not yet reported. :)

Pity there's nowt much else. :wacko:

• Upvote 1

This was originally sold for $54.12, two days ago.  Yesterday, unbelievably, it was refunded but sold again for an amazing €175.89!!!  I sold another 3 from poor Liam Miller's funeral - all of which were refunded and resold for well over $100 each.  For those who say Alamy isn't the way, I would disagree - thanks again Alamy!  I have no idea which publication it was used in after searching for ages, but it doesn't really matter I guess!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 13 February 2018
End: 14 February 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

ovens-ireland-12th-feb-2018-the-funeral-

fleet-hampshire-uk-23rd-september-207-co

Spotted in the Evening Standard on 07/02/18 and reported yesterday. This is the start of a chilli eating contest, those at the end were less civilised!

35 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

This was originally sold for $54.12, two days ago.  Yesterday, unbelievably, it was refunded but sold again for an amazing €175.89!!!  I sold another 3 from poor Liam Miller's funeral - all of which were refunded and resold for well over $100 each.  For those who say Alamy isn't the way, I would disagree - thanks again Alamy!  I have no idea which publication it was used in after searching for ages, but it doesn't really matter I guess!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Newspaper - national
Print run: up to 2 million
Placement: Inside and online
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 13 February 2018
End: 14 February 2018
Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article.

ovens-ireland-12th-feb-2018-the-funeral-

Thats exactly what happened to me yesterday, though slightly different amount. See my post above.

3 minutes ago, Sally said:

Thats exactly what happened to me yesterday, though slightly different amount. See my post above.

I did see that - well done!