Just got emailed an offer from Alamy for discounted classes at some Institute of Photography. Do my photos suck, or is this just a joke? Pay just £320, and get a real piece of paper that says you have a "Diploma in Photography". In just 13 assignments! Wish I had known about this before spending 4 years and $140K on a BFA from a university. I needed a laugh before bed. Thank you Alamy.

Btw, if you are going to take classes online, Youtube is free.

Not a "Diploma in Photography", a "Diploma in Street Photography"! :o

• Upvote 1

I think many people will have received the email, so it wasn't aimed specifically at you.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I got it too. I think it is part of Alamy's effort to attract students. I guess they want to grab the talent when it is just starting out (or hasn't even started). It does look odd for a professional stock agency.

Paulette

• Like 1

There are certainly plenty of people on Alamy who, though able to pass QC, don''t seem able to take a decent snap...

• Like 1

Alamy is really pushing towards getting photography students to start submitting. I believe they have an offer out that they get to keep 100% of profits, almost makes me want to go back to school ;) 

I also received the email as I'm sure every contributor did.

Initially I was intrigued but after a visit to the web site I was disappointed there was nothing offered for advanced photographers or Alamy/stock centric courses.

I would really like to make the Alamy Sales Seminar offered by Keith but flying from Honolulu to Cirencester for a one day course is cost prohibitive.

Finding continuing education and workshops for advanced/professional photographers is a challenge.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dlmphotog said:

Finding continuing education and workshops for advanced/professional photographers is a challenge.

We should start a separate thread on that subject alone. If you are having problems finding what you are looking for in that direction, you are surely looking in the wrong places. They are everywhere, and many are free.

Edited by Martin B
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Martin B said:

We should start a separate thread on that subject alone. If you are having problems finding what you are looking for in that direction, you are surly looking in the wrong places. They are everywhere, and many are free.

Yes, YouTube is your friend (and teacher)

Edited by Rico
  • Upvote 1

For more advanced YouTube classes on Photoshop  I would suggest  PiXimperfect. He has about 274K subscribers, he's that good.