Yes congratulations an exciting time. After you have uploaded the thousand images that Normspics has set for you I suggest you upload another thousand.

Allan

You've been here a year but even more encouragingly the image has only been here a couple of months. This has only really started happening for me in the last couple of years.

It means you're getting the variety needed to come up in a lot of searches.

Next target- getting images up in the month they were taken!

Edited by spacecadet

26 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

You've been here a year but even more encouragingly the image has only been here a couple of months. This has only really started happening for me in the last couple of years.

It means you're getting the variety needed to come up in a lot of searches.

Next target- getting images up in the month they were taken!

+1...

:lol: I'm still struggling with 'year' :lol:

Must be an amazing feeling. Congratulations. I had two sales back in 2015 with portfolio of circa 75 images. Since december last year I decided to move things forwards and started uploading again. I am in all time low as I am getting no zooms at all with over 600 images. I know this is not much, and I dont expect any sales yet, but would be good to see some zooms. Are my images that poor?

Happy for you!

I well remember my first sale. I had to restrain myself from running around my neighborhood announcing it to one and all. Hardest thing I’ve ever done....that restraint bit. ;)

Betty

edited to add:

It’s not what that first one sells for. It’s that it sold, period. It’s validation that you’ve done something right, and encourages you to keep on plugging and learning.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2

Congrats !

Now when the weather is really bad, with waves crashing over the sea wall and someone is out walking their little doggy, and you'd rather be at home in the warm shelter... go there again and make it in to an Alamy Live News pic !

7 hours ago, Futterwithtrees said:

What a relief: I have just had my first sale ever on Alamy after 12 months of uploading and waiting. I had almost given up all hope. Its a small sale.$20 to me after commission but it's a welcome start. It wasn't zoomed

Well done, it's a good, solid pic!  My first sale was for a mere $10, but it was a sale!  Here's to many more.

7 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Well done! Now, that is exciting- jump around the room exciting as I remember! :D

When I made my first sale I ran and jumped around the whole house - never been so excited in my life!!!

Congratulations. It’s s great feeling isn’t it? And a lovely photo to start your Alamy career. Next objective: to see an image of your own in a newspaper, and after that to see it in the Alamy Live News Twitter feed. So lots more excitement to come.

1 hour ago, Kelv said:

Congratulations, I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting :)

Keep uploading and uploading and uploading.;)

Allan

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 16:23, Pietrach said:

Must be an amazing feeling. Congratulations. I had two sales back in 2015 with portfolio of circa 75 images. Since december last year I decided to move things forwards and started uploading again. I am in all time low as I am getting no zooms at all with over 600 images. I know this is not much, and I dont expect any sales yet, but would be good to see some zooms. Are my images that poor?

13 minutes ago, Pietrach said:

Same here, still waiting. I am starting to question my abilities... Patience and perseverance I think it is called. I need more of these.

Two sales with only 75 images up is quite amazing - I'd say that you were very fortunate. You really need 625 x 5 to count on regular sales here (some would say many more). Tags, captions, quality, quantity, variety - keep going.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Two sales with only 75 images up is quite amazing - I'd say that you were very fortunate. You really need 625 x 5 to count on regular sales here (some would say many more). Tags, captions, quality, quantity, variety - keep going.

Thank you for your kind advice. I think I will give up hoping for a sale until I reach 2-3k good images, and anything that comes in meantime I will consider a bonus :)

Patience, not good at it :)