Help upgrading camera

3 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Last time I bought something from B&H as an open box item the price was 10-15% less than new.

Admittedly a couple of years ago.

wim

I don't know, I'll have to call when they reopen tomorrow. But I rethought what I wrote before. 

I think it's different hare because my second box is unsealed as well - everything inside looks good, waiting for the batteries to power up. Noreaster expected tomorrow but we may get rain instead of snow so I'll have to set up stuff in the house to photograph.  Now that I've sold most of my Nikon equipment it had better be in good shape. The people at B&H are always very helpful and spend time on the phone or in person to give me advice, so I think they must use different packaging in the US.

The photos I took before the mode dial broke on my first one are gorgeous though I realized after that the sensor was dirty. In 12+ years I have never had sensor issues - but the same large mess showed up on all of my photos taken with various lenses from photo #1 onwards. I hadn't seen it at first because it was hidden in tree branches - I had only actually processed two photos completely and quickly - sunset "weather" images for live news done quickly - spending time getting to know the camera - before having to send it back - but when I saw a mess in some skies I checked all my images and it was in every one - with four different lenses and always in the same spot. I had returned the camera already. 

Here's are a couple I uploaded as US/NY Weather photos to Live News, have to say I like it at night:

chappaqua-new-york-usa-20-february-2018-

sleepy-hollow-new-york-usa-15-february-2

Hope I won't be uploading more of these tomorrow:

chappaqua-ny-18-feb-2018-usa-weather-aft

Those are beautiful, Marianne.  We’ve had little snow here, but the night we arrived in Wichita it thunder-sleeted and hailed on us while trying to unload our African Grays at midnight.  I got to drive to closing on our house the next morning on 1/2 inch of ice.

Of course, I was brain dead and never thought to photograph it.  I was just hoping I could get there in one piece. My Subaru never slipped even once!

We’ve been in the house 4 days now without my vacuum, microwave and coffee pot because everything didn’t fit on the moving truck. Our son-in-law borrowed a large enclosed trailer for loading the rest, but can’t deliver it until tomorrow. I’ve had to make a run to a convenience store in rush hour traffic each morning for coffee. Must have. Echo and Bogie are in their travel cages until their big cages arrive tomorrow. The whole thing has gotten to me (exhaustion) and I’m sick, now. My immune system gave up the ghost. 

I did get shots of the movers bringing in furniture, though. 

I don’t know when my iMac will be operational. I’m leaving it to my tech-savvy family members to get me up and running so I can process images.  After unpacking one million and two boxes. Thank heavens for my iPad because I can read the forum.

Betty

I know what it is to move -last summer we moved back to Quebec after 12 years in the country. Disorder, chaos, boxes, boxes and boxes. What to unpack first - my wife unboxed the kitchen stuff before the hi-fi. She is odd in that respect.

4 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Those are beautiful, Marianne.  We’ve had little snow here, but the night we arrived in Wichita it thunder-sleeted and hailed on us while trying to unload our African Grays at midnight.  I got to drive to closing on our house the next morning on 1/2 inch of ice.

Of course, I was brain dead and never thought to photograph it.  I was just hoping I could get there in one piece. My Subaru never slipped even once!

We’ve been in the house 4 days now without my vacuum, microwave and coffee pot because everything didn’t fit on the moving truck. Our son-in-law borrowed a large enclosed trailer for loading the rest, but can’t deliver it until tomorrow. I’ve had to make a run to a convenience store in rush hour traffic each morning for coffee. Must have. Echo and Bogie are in their travel cages until their big cages arrive tomorrow. The whole thing has gotten to me (exhaustion) and I’m sick, now. My immune system gave up the ghost. 

I did get shots of the movers bringing in furniture, though. 

I don’t know when my iMac will be operational. I’m leaving it to my tech-savvy family members to get me up and running so I can process images.  After unpacking one million and two boxes. Thank heavens for my iPad because I can read the forum.

Betty

X

4 hours ago, Colin Woods said:

I know what it is to move -last summer we moved back to Quebec after 12 years in the country. Disorder, chaos, boxes, boxes and boxes. What to unpack first - my wife unboxed the kitchen stuff before the hi-fi. She is odd in that respect.

Bully for your wife! Bellies have to be filled on a regular basis. I’m odd that way, too. But my electronics are next in importance after the bedsheets and pillows. If I’d have known the guys were putting the coffee pot and microwave on for delayed delivery, I would have somehow crammed them in my car.

Oh, well. I am surviving, hanging on by my fingernails.

Betty

Archived