Images Sold in February (Max. 1 per day)

23 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Used in education material.....probably what NOT to do.

usa-california-ca-los-angeles-la-la-veni

Wild guess here in that it was taken at Venice Beach, California?  :-) 

Edit:  Well there ya go.  I just read your post several responses down.  Venice Beach, where else...  hahahaha

Rick

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 January 2018
End: 01 January 2023
China and Taiwan, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

So far, none of my five sales have been of people and all but one have been taken in Nicaragua, many at my house or the houses of other expats.   This is Mexican Oregono on a tufa block wall with pillars and cross beams of rebar reinforced concrete, taken over a year or two ago since I've moved house since.  

mexican-oregano-growing-in-a-passageway-

An image sold to South Korea!!

Media: Book, print and/or e-book

That is where I am sitting now typing this, at my rather untidy desk. This is my other job as an architectural designer, which pays a lot more than Alamy does!

John.

an-architects-plan-shown-using-autocad-a

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I nearly didn't upload this as it's not a great image. I'm not sure why, I just think it looks dull and flat with bad angles and not enough people. I thought I may as well add it as it's the only Argos image I have, but would remove it once I had another. Then it sold! Why do my poorest images that I nearly don't put on sale end up selling? It's a regular occurrence!

Argos shop front entrance in Horsham, West Sussex, England, UK. Stock Photo

"Great", in aesthetic terms? Possibly not. But it ticks a few boxes: a typical Argos store in 'Anytown', with a (reasonably anonymous) customer walking in...

I used to go to a nearby department store with the permission of the floor manager to shoot a major news story. Now, instead of live TV they play those turgid 4k loops. This was Obama's Presidential acceptance speech. Happy - not SAD! 

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page

barack-obama-gives-election-victory-spee

On 02/02/2018 at 15:43, Ed Rooney said:

Hmmm, a warning about adders, I assume. I've never seen a snake in the British Isles. 

I took a picture of an Adder sunning itself by the North Cornish coastal path in March last year. It came as quite a surprise. I'll be uploading it before too long (still catching up on last year's pics). 

Mark

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

I took a picture of an Adder sunning itself by the North Cornish coastal path in March last year. It came as quite a surprise. I'll be uploading it before too long (still catching up on last year's pics). 

Mark

Only ever seen an adder twice in my life here in the UK and I'm, erm, quite 'mature' now! :lol: Both occasions I just stumbled upon them by accident and they were off like a shot - more's the pity. 

Had this one pop up on the cover of a calendar cover somewhere. Pleased because I originally took as a news images ( supermoon time ) which involved getting up a silly o-clock winding my way round cornish cliffs in the dark to get to the right spot, only to be let down by the (usual) clouds stopping the shot I had in mind. It was windy, dark, perched on the end of a cliff so surprising I got any picture at all really :-)

lands-end-cornwall-uk-14th-nov-2016-uk-w

On 16/02/2018 at 08:35, GS-Images said:

I nearly didn't upload this as it's not a great image. I'm not sure why, I just think it looks dull and flat with bad angles and not enough people. I thought I may as well add it as it's the only Argos image I have, but would remove it once I had another. Then it sold! Why do my poorest images that I nearly don't put on sale end up selling? It's a regular occurrence!

It's a magazine sale for a disappointing fee, for multiple use.

Argos shop front entrance in Horsham, West Sussex, England, UK. Stock Photo

Apologies for posting this here but I want to be sure Geoff sees it!

So long story short, I've been stalking your account for a few months, I came across you from a comment you made last year re "having regular monthly sales since 2016" (I know others do too but I just happened to start looking at your port for clues as for many months now I have been trying to figure out the search algorithm to improve discoverability as a starter)

I picked ten or more random photos of yours (one of which was this Argos one, so you can imagine my surprise & delight when I say this posted on this thread yesterday!!) Anyway I was intrigued to find those ten photos generally turned up on page 1 of sometimes hundreds of pages. Also your keywording is quite unusual at least in my investigations it is! So in my opinion you most likely hold lots of valuable information about improving discoverability. I would be overjoyed if you would share (perhaps on a new thread as I am aware this is the incorrect place. )

Some of my conclusions from trial and error are (perhaps you might comment)

1. You have a 3 star ranking. Is this a big a factor ?(I do too now and have greatly increased my views zooms and sales in recent months using strategies I guessed from your port )

2. Can you explain your tags/keyword strategies, (Should I Pick ten words that describe the picture and combine them in 2s or 3s?)

3. I have found the order of the supertags is paramount? correct? (seems obvious but I didn't cop this!)

4. The caption is less so ?

5. Do I need to replicate supertags as regular tags also?

6. If I have 3 photos for example of the same subject? Should their tags be mutually exclusive or connected a little as I have seen how keywording of one can affect positioning of another

7. why do you usually combine rather than use single word tags , "big yellow bird" rather than "big" "yellow" "bird"

Many thanks

Elaine

Archived