gvallee

Images Sold in February (Max. 1 per day)

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I was bitten by another kind of snake on Feb 17.

A fire in my building over the Angelo's restaurant had me being led out in heavy black smoke with the clothes on my back. The building is closed to all for who knows how long. I am homeless in NYC, staying with a friend for a short time now. A crisis? Yes, and a nightmare. 

Edo

I hope all will return to normal soon for you Edo. Worrying to think of your cameras and backups up there. The main thing is you're safe.

I believe the same happened to Funkyworm.

Gen

A fire in my building over the Angelo's restaurant had me being led out in heavy black smoke with the clothes on my back. The building is closed to all for who knows how long. I am homeless in NYC, staying with a friend for a short time now. A crisis? Yes, and a nightmare. 

Edo

Thoughts are with you, Edo. Horrific experience. 

Edo

That's a shock. Hope you are well. Being without a camera can be survived - no home sounds really bad though.

Anything we can do?

wim

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Edo

So sorry to hear this, Edo. I’d noticed you hadn’t been posting. Glad to hear you’re okay. Escaping those old NYC buildings can be very tricky, and it sounds like it was quite a dangerous situation. 

5 hours ago, Sally said:

That’s stunning

Thank you Sally.

6 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Edo

Awful. My heart goes out to you Edo, have been there. A very tough experience.  I was burned out of my co-op when I was 9 months pregnant, fortunately no harm to me or the baby and some of our stuff survived, but we were out of our home for 4 1/2 months with a newborn. Hope you're back home soon. Hard when you have to wait for a building management company or landlord to get repair work going. 

Very sorry to hear you news Edo. All the best to you.

Ed, if you have rental insurance it should cover expenses for living out of the apartment. I found that out after 9/11 when my broker noticed I live downtown and called me to be sure I knew. Let me know if I can help. I'm in the Village.

Paulette

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I have my three small Sonys with me -- went out the door with 2, my meds, and the clothes on my back. They let me back in for a short time to pick up a few things. The building will remain closed to tenets for . . . months? My flat has no fire damage, but the building has no gas, electric or water. The floors below me were gutted.

No insurance, Cat. (see couldawouldashounda list)

The complex issues connected with being suddenly homeless are too much to go into. I'll post again when possible.

Edo

I have my three small Sonys with me -- went out the door with 2, my meds, and the clothes on my back. They let me back in for a short time to pick up a few things. The building will remain closed to tenets for . . . months? My flat has no fire damage, but the building has no gas, electric or water. The floors below me were gutted.

The complex issues connected with being suddenly homeless are too much to go into. I'll post again when possible.

Edo

Good luck Ed!

John.

Posted (edited)

Best wishes, Ed, if you were a bit closer you'd have my spare room, no bother!

You have your cameras. That improves things.

Edited by spacecadet

Edo

Since it wasn't your fault, I hope the person or  business's insurance can pick up your losses!

• Upvote 1