Have you found any Alamy images Feb 2018

2 minutes ago, george said:

This image is also on the BBC news website.

It certainly is.... I have been trying to post that edit for ten minutes now and I keep getting signed out of the forum.... you have saved me the trouble now I'm finally signed in again !!!

30 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It certainly is.... I have been trying to post that edit for ten minutes now and I keep getting signed out of the forum.... you have saved me the trouble now I'm finally signed in again !!!

Ditto - a right PITA

The image is in at least two locations (at present)

Posting quickly before I get logged out again! :angry:

Guardian Online  28/02/18

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/28/queer-britain-museum-an-overdue-resource
AHFFBE        Pam Isherwood / Photofusion Picture Library   Ian McKellan actor Peter Tatchell on march against Clause 28 Manchester February 1988 UK
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/28/profit-hungry-firms-gambling-care-homes-stakes-too-high
KTRKWW     David Bagnall     Elderley Care Home residents playing Bingo

15 minutes ago, Lynne said:

The Sun 28 February 2018

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5689770/uk-weather-latest-travel-trains-snow-red-weather-national-rail/

Members of Brighton Swimming Club enjoy their daily dip in icy conditions this morning/Alamy Live News

(Sorry can't find it on Alamy Live News - number 22 of 65 in the Sun Slideshow)

That's M642NW by Simon Dack 

brighton-28th-feb-2018-uk-weather-member

Great pic! 

2 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Pretty straightforward using the Live News search bar!

Ha, Ha - I just worked that out! Although still had to trawl through a number of airport images to find the right one!

7 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Ha, Ha - I just worked that out! Although still had to trawl through a number of airport images to find the right one!

'Edinburgh easyjet' = 5 images! 

I'm getting search snobby now! Sorry, no offence intended! You're doing a grand job - I'll let you get on with it. 

El Pais Viajero 23/02/2018

HW62BD Hemis Cuba, Cienfuegos province, Cienfuegos, the Reserve Laguna de Guanaroca, Flamingo

K57MDN RossHelen editorial Bremen city in Germany

K7N453 : Constantino Leite Fantastic view over the mountains surrounding Loriga

It's good to see some Alamy Live News successes today (though sadly none of mine :-( ). Having been out and uploading 'Beast' shots since 6am yesterday morning I scanned through the web news pages yesterday evening and was a little concerned at the lack of Alamy images. I did wonder if there was some kind of access or costing issue. Still, walking for miles in thick snow keeps one fit, if not wealthy.

14 minutes ago, Avpics said:

It's good to see some Alamy Live News successes today (though sadly none of mine :-( ). Having been out and uploading 'Beast' shots since 6am yesterday morning I scanned through the web news pages yesterday evening and was a little concerned at the lack of Alamy images. I did wonder if there was some kind of access or costing issue. Still, walking for miles in thick snow keeps one fit, if not wealthy.

No Beast here :(  - as always, the Thames Valley is the last place to see any kind of extremes. We had a light dusting last night (which disappeared in the sunshine today) and a few odd flurries in the last couple of days.  All these Live News images of 'The Beast' are like news from a foreign planet to me.  Had to settle for uploading a couple of images of Maplin and Toys R Us, 'though sales are doubtful as media will likely just use archive stuff. Hoping for something decent in the next two days, but it'll probably just miss us by inches (again). Booooo!

Times 28th

M642R9  Glasgow, Scotland. 28th Feb 2018.UK Weather: The beast from the east weather covers the knightswood and the campsie hills and the North of the city as the blizzard snow covers all and a flash whiteout visibility. Credit: gerard ferry/Alamy Live News

M642RG   Ashford, Kent, UK. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: Snow in Ashford, Kent. Commuters are gingerly driving there way about the town. Compacted snow is making driving conditions very difficult. Pictured is the M20 Dover bound where snow that has settled on nearby trees is being blown into the path of traffic. Current temperature is -8°C. Photo Credit: PAL Images / Alamy Live News

M642MY    Brighton. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: Members of Brighton Swimming Club enjoy their daily dip in icy conditions this morning after another overnight fall of snow . The temperature of the sea was measured at only just over four degrees and in some parts of the country the air temperature is expected to be as low as eleven degrees with more snow and cold weather predicted for the rest of the week Credit: Simon Dack/Alamy Live News

J52EWD   Britpix  Teesside Magistrates Court and Coroners Court in Middlesbrough

M60YRM    Cumbria UK 27th February 2018 Cumbria Lake Windermere. Very cold day with snow on high fells in the background Credit:Gordon Shoosmith/Alamy Live News - another similar.

M641XP    Greenwich Park, London. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: Heavy snow arrives in Greenwich Park. Credit: Sebastian Remme/Alamy Live News

M641XW. Killearn, Stirlingshire, Scotland. 28th Feb, 2018. UK weather - council workers spreading grit outside the doctors surgery in Killearn, Stirlingshire after heavy overnight snow Credit: Kay Roxby/Alamy Live News

M6414P  Edinburgh, UK. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather. Edinburgh airport workers de-ice the wings of an Easyjet aeroplane as the Beast from the East brings in an arctic freeze to the United Kingdom.Credit: Andrew O'Brien/Alamy Live News

M6103T London, UK. 27th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: The recent freezing temperature drop dubbed ‘The Beast From The East’ brings snow to the city. Temperatures of -5C were recorded overnight in some rural areas, marking the coldest pre-March spell since 1986. Credit: Guy Corbishley/Alamy Live News

M641A1  Teesdale, County Durham. UK. Wednesday 28th February 2018. UK Weather. Sheep taking shelter from the blizzard in Teesdale. There is a Met Office Amber weather warning for snow in Northern England where there has been 6 inches of snow overnight on top of the 4 inches that fell yesterday. Credit: David Forster/Alamy Live News

M641G2 Glasgow, Scotland. 28th Feb 2018.UK Weather: The beast from the east weather covers the city as the blizzard snow covers all and a flash whiteout greets the people on their way out, visibility. Credit: gerard ferry/Alamy Live News

M63YG5  London, UK. 28th Feb, 2018. UK Weather: Snowfall in the early hours sees south east London inc. Canary Wharf business park buildings during the recent freezing temperature drop dubbed ‘The Beast From The East’ bringing arctic conditions to the city. Temperatures of -5C have been recorded overnight in some rural areas, marking the coldest pre-March spell since 1986. Credit: Guy Corbishley/Alamy Live News

2 hours ago, losdemas said:

'Edinburgh easyjet' = 5 images! 

I'm getting search snobby now! Sorry, no offence intended! You're doing a grand job - I'll let you get on with it. 

Ah, but there was no caption! The image in the slideshow only said 'Alamy Live News' - didn't know it was Edinburgh or Easyjet!! 

9 minutes ago, Lynne said:

Ah, but there was no caption! The image in the slideshow only said 'Alamy Live News' - didn't know it was Edinburgh or Easyjet!! 

??? Where did you get the text in the link, then?! ;):)

I got my clues from the webpage: "Edinburgh airport workers de-ice the wings of an Easyjet aeroplane following icy blasts from the East"

3 hours ago, Lynne said:

Archived