Have you found any Alamy images Feb 2018

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/feb/25/climbing-hill-walking-yr-arddu-snowdonia-snowdon-alternative-mountain
BT9GND Julian Cartwright The mountain of Moel Hebog viewed from Cnicht, across Llyn yr Arddu.
J04P73 Joe Dunckley Sheep on the incline track that leads to Croesor Quarry on the side of Moelwyn Mawr mountain in Snowdonia National Park
BK8584 Vincent Lowe The Snowdon range, from Yr Arddu in the Moelwyn hills, Snowdonia,
CP0R8Y Phil Seale A Rambling Club approaching Dumgoyne in the Campsie Fells near Strathblane
CXR87K John Keates Meall Fuar-mhonaidh with views of Loch Ness and the Great Glen

Many thanks Clare for finding one of mine.

John.

Cheers folks!

Sunday Times 25th

Home

EY4H26 Ian G Dagnall The harbour in Newquay, Cornwall, England, UK

KDGCR4  Philip Chapman  Tiverton in the English county of Devon is the main administrative centre of the Mid Devon district

Travel

HX67AJ  Christian Bertrand PARIS - AUG 31: Crowd in a concert at Rock En Seine Festival on August 31, 2015 in Paris, France

GW4F43  Berlin, Germany. 10th Sep, 2016. Visitors walking on the grounds of the music festival Lollapalooza in Berlin, Germany, 10 September 2016. PHOTO: BRITTA PEDERSEN/dpa/Alamy Live News

ERD2D7  Peter Eastland  Women in a covered street in the medina, Tunis, Tunisia, North Africa

KY50MT  Wavebreakmedia Ltd UC61_62_63  Man sandboarding on sand dune

EG7EXJ  Marcel Kerkhof  Castlerigg Stone Lake District, Keswick, UK at sunset

AP4KFX  jake wyman  A single figure looks out to sea while standing on Quirpon Island lighthouse, on the Northernmost point in Newfoundland, Canada

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reise-inspiration/18355-bstr-singapurs-spannendste-ecken-fuer-architektur-fans
Singapurs spannendste Ecken für Architektur-Fans
Singapore's most exciting corners for architecture fans

Singapore cityscape views over St. Andrews Cathedral, National Gallery and Supreme Court towards skyscrapers of the downtown core CBD
HW5F4R Mauritius images / Jason Knott / Alamy RM

Tall Skyscrapers and The Esplanade in downtown Singapore
BD6B3E Mauritius images / AHowden - Singapore Stock Photography / Alamy RM

View of Clarke Quay at night, lit in shifting colors. The transformed warehouse district along the Singapore River becomes a mag
EYFFBY Mauritius images / Yvette Cardozo / Alamy RM

Didn't find: Sri Veeramakaliamman temple
Mauritius images / Rosa Irene Betancourt 13 / Alamy

Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple on Serangoon Road in the Little India district of Singapore
EFMX0K Mauritius images / Eric Nathan / Alamy RM

Singaporeanvernacular
HTWKGJ Mauritius images / domonabikeSingapore / Alamy RM

Singapore, Chinatown, shophouses, street scene, typical architecture
D4533F Mauritius images / Tibor Bognar / Alamy RM

Times 26th

C8FWC6   Greg Balfour Evans Entrance sculpture sign, The University of Surrey, Stag Hill, Guildford, Surrey, England, United Kingdom

F74WCA  Andrew Cribb Blue night shadows and silhouettes of unrecognizable man stalking a lone woman in darkness

ETYMMX  eye35.pix  Bristol Temple Meads Railway station Bristol Avon England UK GB EU Europe

A4KMKA Katarina Sundelin  Woman riding down escalator, lower section, close-up

FDF51R  Raphaela Tesch  silhouette from a woman sitting on the windows bench

DYHN30  P.D Amedzro Cambridge Theatre, a West End theatre facing Seven Dials, West End, London, England, United Kingdom

JAMES JAGGER  frosted footpath Tuesley farm in Surrey - expired live news?

Scottish Edition

KECDCN  Andrey Omelyanchuk  View of Edinburgh from Calton Hill in the Evening, Scotland, United Kingdom

D1RKC0  ernie jordan Chapel in the grounds of Scone Palace

World

FG9739 Viktoriia Leontieva   Cropped Image Of Friends Holding Burger

CTH01R MiraMira   Praying hands of a priest

Business

K8HMB8  Mick Flynn Provident Financial group, personal credit provider, head office, 1 Godwin St, Bradford BD1 2SU, UK

EWD91E  Justin Kase British Airways airplane landing London City Airport Newham with O2 arena & Canary Wharf in London Docklands skyline beyond Tower Hamlets England UK

On 2/24/2018 at 18:19, SShep said:

24/02/2018, UK, The Guardian, p54, Goldcar rental desk, HT4BH8, Wiskerke [Alamy credit only]

Oops almost missed it. Thank you SShep for spotting this one!

wim

Spotted in the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/feb/26/10cc-how-we-made-im-not-in-love

10CC  UK rock group Stock Photo

Photograph of 10CC UK rock group

Contributor: Pictorial Press Ltd / Alamy Stock Photo / found by Adie

Image ID: A7E9KE

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/feb/26/postgrad-checklist-what-to-ask-when-picking-a-phd

Scientist works in a Weighing Room of a Clean Laboratory on Climate Change Research. Stock Photo

Photo of a scientist works in a Weighing Room of a Clean Laboratory on Climate Change Research.

Contributor: Robbie Shone / Alamy Stock Photo / found by Adie

Image ID: BBWKHF

On 2/10/2018 at 02:09, DDoug said:

GEO.de
https://www.geo.de/reisen/reise-inspiration/18368-bstr-fuenf-gruende-warum-sie-die-azoren-besuchen-sollten
Fünf Gründe, warum Sie die Azoren besuchen sollten
Five reasons why you should visit the Azores

Stew (Cozido das Furnas) cooked with volcanic heat at Terra Nostra Garden Restaurant, Sao Miguel Island, Azores
HT3H7T mauritius images / Charles Stirling (Travel) / Alamy RM

Thanks. Just saw your post.

Cheers Mick!

Times 27th

Close up of person reading menu - possibly incorrectly attributed to Alamy, can't find it  (in Alamy!)

FAFBDC St Mary's Church, Gainford, County Durham, UK. 29th Dec, 2015. A team of bell ringers from the Durham and Newcastle Diocesan Association of Church Bell Ringers performed a peal of bells entitled "Durham Surprise Minor" to mark the 150th anniversary of the church bells being installed. "Durham Surprise Minor" involves ringing all six bells in the church tower and performing a change in the ringing order every "round". The complete peal will take approx three hours to complete and every bell will sound 5040 times each. Credit: Robert Smith/Alamy Live News

K4685J    Inner Vision Pro  Baby sneakers and present bag standing on couch. Pregnant woman is shopping online in background

On 2/4/2018 at 06:42, gvallee said:

I disagree. Just looking at my sales of the past 3 months, I licensed images I took in Costa Rica, South Africa, Bolivia, Finland, France, UK, US, Australia, Panama and Brazil.

In total, I sold pix from 23 countries I visited.

I shoot with the travel market in mind and it seems to be working.

I think there is a market for both local and exotic places.

Gen

On 2/4/2018 at 07:59, spacecadet said:

Bearing in mind that "UK" is exotic for you , but not for me.

I don't travel for images and about 40% of my sales by volume are non-UK, but for many of those the fact that they're my foreign sales is almost irrelevant. Their character is a bit (but only a bit) different, because we tend to go where at least some tourists go, but many aren't "travel" images in the usual sense and a good number are licenced in the respective country for domestic consumption. I just happen to have got the sale ahead of a local photographer.

So from one point of view, maybe half of my "overseas" sales aren't really overseas at all.

I looked at my most recent batch of sales - the last page of them: one is an illustration, one was taken in my driveway, but all the rest are US travel with a couple of news/trends thrown in. I'm finding that while popular US destinations in New England and California, e.g. sell well, scenics from small US towns also seem to be showing up more frequently, as designers realize that they can find images of anywhere these days. 

I read the $100,000 threads and then looked at the images that each person had and, as many of you who are also in that club know, both travel, which is certainly something Alamy is known for, and the more mundane like shopfronts, seem to show up a lot - so I think that a mix of both makes sense. I should really take my camera out to the mall - I don't have any images like that. 

Times 28th

M60TTP  Lewes, UK. 27th February 2018. UK Weather: Local people brave the elements to go out into the town during a snow flurry, Lewes, Sussex, UK. Credit: Grant Rooney/Alamy Live News

M4OS Photos Man looks at his iPhone - edited to remove logo from one of many!

Scottish Edition

M5XBEA  Hownam, Jedburgh, Scottish Borders, UK. 27th February 2018. UK Weather: Snow covers the village of Hownam in the Kale Valley and the Cheviot Hills in the Scottish Borders. School transport across has been cancelled across the region. Credit: Chris Strickland / Alamy Live News

B59HHW   Chris McNulty A Ryanair plane is boarded by passengers at Glasgow Prestwick International Airport, Ayrshire, Scotland

FWC6AJ   Michael McGurk  Selection of so-called "legal highs" including including Gogaine, blanca, dusk till dawn, pink panthers,green beans, china white

Irish Edition

F3FTDY   Michael Rooney  Homeless man shelters form the cold in a sleeping bag on the Halfpenny bridge in Dublin

Business

FD2YDD  Justin Kase Maplin Electronics Gadgets and Computing store located on a corner site in Croydon London

K8HM1J  Mick Flynn Provident Financial group, personal credit provider, head office, 1 Godwin St, Bradford BD1 2SU, UK

On 2/24/2018 at 02:15, Clare Gainey said:

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/feb/24/new-york-by-ferry-manhattan-brooklyn-queens-bronx-staten-island
BG3HA6 Stacy Walsh Rosenstock The Little Red Lighthouse in Fort Washington Park

Thanks for spotting and posting this Clare

* You're welcome John and Stacy

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/feb/27/share-your-experiences-of-desert-trips-for-the-chance-of-winning-a-200-hotel-voucher
A89GHT  imageBROKER/Stefan Auth Camel trekking through the desert Mandara Libya

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/feb/28/worlds-first-plastic-free-aisle-opens-in-netherlands-supermarket
DR3H9D  MediaWorldImages Swirling winds and blustery conditions around the Tesco recycling bays at Kew

On 23/02/2018 at 04:18, Bryan said:

Times 23rd

KWGDMX  Imageplotter News and Sports London, UK, 3rd Jan 2018. Following the soft opening of the new London Bridge Station yesterday, passengers now have full access to five new platforms, a much larger concourse

Thanks Bryan!

Archived