9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Are you seeing customers searching for RF images John? I have very few and maybe not surprisingly cannot recall seeing a [RF] search, but this month there was one  [RM] search.

Nope, not seeing any [RF] searches. This customer chose the generic "Magazines and books" option for five years, which is the same for both RF and RM images. I'm actually thinking of switching to RM for this image. Here's what the terms looked like for the "RF" sale:

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
35 MB
4290 x 2851 pixels
4 MB compressed
Start: 26 January 2018
End: 26 January 2023

Sorry to veer off topic, folks. B)

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

A pretty good 35  for  $1896.

A healthy $54 average.

wim

Once again, I'm in awe.

I notice that your recent images have almost no single keywords - all phrases.  Is there something you know that I don't?

Well, I'm sure there's lots Wim knows that I don't.  And occasionally the master wizard could let fall some hints on keywording if asked.  We sure aren't going to get much out of Alamy on that score.

A below average month on sales with 5 sales for $147.37 gross / $50.21 net.  Mostly distributor sales.  High on the gross were three at $39.13, and on net one at $12.35 -- difference of direct versus distributor percentage payment.  Low was a direct at $5.28 / $2.64.  The only bright spot is that the monthly net was a little above last January, and last year was a fairly good year.  

Views were 4025, zooms 24 for a CTR of 0.60.  About average on all three.

Robert

8 hours ago, Gary said:

Surprisingly good for me. 11 sales out of a total of 375 images on here, grossing $650. Skewed no doubt by no fewer than 9 being bought for a single book, including the cover! I'd love to know what it is ... 

You have some stunning images in your port, Gary.  Well done on your 11 sales with such a small port!

22 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Do you really expect that the wizard will reveal his secrets? :D

No secrets yet. No sales either.

Oh not true: one discounted PU within days of uploading.

I'm in the dark like everybody else.  Discussing that would deserve not just a thread of it's own, but a whole section. ;-)

And maybe not on an open forum either.

So so far it's all just aimless experimenting.

wim

28 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

No secrets yet. No sales either.

Oh not true: one discounted PU within days of uploading.

I'm in the dark like everybody else.  Discussing that would deserve not just a thread of it's own, but a whole section. ;-)

And maybe not on an open forum either.

So so far it's all just aimless experimenting.

wim

No secrets, I know, but certainly some advanced skills from you, Wim, in a number of areas. Not least, photography skills; ability to be self-aware and edit carefully; and ongoing, thorough research.  Stop denying it!  Both your sales with such a (relatively) tiny port and your freely-given, helpful and friendly advice give testament to it.  You have officially been designated The Wizard!

My added bold: an old chestnut, I know, but I truly wish that Alamy would give us a private forum...it'll never happen, of course - but still, one can dream...

I had a plethora of zooms in January, about twice the norm.  CTR has shot up as well.  But unfortunately no sales.

Until today, Feb 1, when one of January's zooms showed up as a small sale. 

I'm hoping more of those zooms translate into sales later on.

19 minutes ago, DDoug said:

One PU for $20. It could be worse... slightly.

6 minutes ago, Kat said:

0 sales in January (which was to be expected from my small portfolio) but best ever month for zooms and a healthy CTR. 

It'll get better - the days are getting longer; researchers will have more time to spend on finding images; businesses will have more money to spend on licensing.  Seriously, though, you both still have small ports - things will get better! :)

6 hours ago, Marb said:

Ziltch. Nowt. Zero. Squat diddly. Continually adding images is futile. Very depressing.

Nooooooo, stop that - now!  You have to keep going, keep the faith and believe in yourself and your images.  Don't give up!  The sales will come, just keep uploading, tweaking keywords etc.  You've got great pics, they will sell!

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

Nooooooo, stop that - now!  You have to keep going, keep the faith and believe in yourself and your images.  Don't give up!  The sales will come, just keep uploading, tweaking keywords etc.  You've got great pics, they will sell!

Thanks. Do you think my keywords ore ok ? Whenever I search for my images they always seem to come up on the front pages.

Archived