I was just waiting for someone to comment on the "Ladies college" .. :) 

It's easy to say rude things to the avatars on forums, and forgetting about the real people behind them. On the other hand, who else will tell you the truth about your photos? Or at least their personal opinion. Ignore what you find rude, and appreciate the feedback, even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

I had 7 sales for $243, but the last 3 was kind of strange PU sales for $9.99 each. I wouldn't expect PU of those type of photos ... oh well ...

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

I know a Dutch woman - she's utterly unbearable!  I guess not all Dutch people are like that...?

Of course they are!

We could fill many threads with that. Maybe not this one though.

wim

On 02/02/2018 at 23:33, dmj said:

Be ruthless when you search for your own images.... “abandoned Ford Capri” your image is front page, but “abandoned car” I don’t see you image. Realistically that image is competing in the latter search as an editor looking to illustrate an article with an abandoned car image proabably won’t be interested in the make and model.

Have a try with some generic terms to find your images, I found that a useful process.

Thanks. To be honest, I do have the word “car” as one of my super tags and car inthe title so not sure what you have to do to get on the front page.

7 minutes ago, Marb said:

Thanks. To be honest, I do have the word “car” as one of my super tags and car inthe title so not sure what you have to do to get on the front page.

You don't have the combined tag "abandoned car". Sure, the individual tags will bring it up in a search, but not as high as if you had the phrase tag as well.

Incidentally I think you have a typo- Bangor is a city in Wales.

4 hours ago, Marb said:

It’s a long game, but fortunately all the answers are here on the forum with a lot of experts giving their wisdom (I’m not one of the experts!)

16 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You don't have the combined tag "abandoned car". Sure, the individual tags will bring it up in a search, but not as high as if you had the phrase tag as well.

Incidentally I think you have a typo- Bangor is a city in Wales.

It's strange if you type in a keyword that is a duplicate Alamy doesn't filter it as other sites do so you have to make sure you haven't entered a word twice which is a pain.  I Googled "old Bangor" and that was the spelling that came up. Will correct it though as it seems to be wrong.  Will also look at phrases which I wasn't aware of which makes more work (as well as having to re-keyword every single file again since Alamy decided to change the system Grrrrrr). Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

It's strange if you type in a keyword that is a duplicate Alamy doesn't filter it as other sites do so you have to make sure you haven't entered a word twice which is a pain.  I Googled "old Bangor" and that was the spelling that came up. Will correct it though as it seems to be wrong.  Will also look at phrases which I wasn't aware of which makes more work (as well as having to re-keyword every single file again since Alamy decided to change the system Grrrrrr). Thanks for the help folks, much appreciated.

Actually if you try to duplicate a tag it's simply ignored. "Abandoned car", "abandoned" and "car" will be accepted separately as tags.

You may not have been aware of it but the concept of phrases was explained when AIM was launched. It's in here, page 17.

https://www.alamy.com/myupload/help/AIM-InstructionManual.pdf

In any case it's just an extension of putting a phrase in between quotes as we used to do.

Incidentally when I google "old bangor" I get pictures of the Welsh city in the past. The term for a vehicle is "banger" with an E.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=old+bangor&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=ZCd4Wt-bGcistgf7-YSgCg

Obviously if you google a typo you get results for that typo.

19 hours ago, Marb said:

Abandoned Ford Capri - 6 images - you're going to be on the first page, since there is only one page

Abandoned Car - 18,448 images - you're competing with people with a higher ranking than yourself

Coming high on a narrow,. multiple word search is, relatively, easy

Coming high on a wide, non-specific , search is much more difficult

km

2 minutes ago, RedSnapper said:

Abandoned Ford Capri - 6 images - you're going to be on the first page, since there is only one page

Abandoned Car - 18,448 images - you're competing with people with a higher ranking than yourself

Coming high on a narrow,. multiple word search is, relatively, easy

Coming high on a wide, non-specific , search is much more difficult

km

Seems like a dark art to master but I will have a go. Nice starling murmuration shots by the way! Really good images.

On 03/02/2018 at 15:12, spacecadet said:

I've got one now. I think you reminded him.

:D You nearly got two, I was close to giving away my first ever red to ya, despite respecting your views and comments on here. Usually. That comment was abysmal. But then I thought I'd see your ladies college and raise you a bunch of old anoraks who hang out on a stock photography forum. Even Stevens. 

4 hours ago, imageplotter said:

:D You nearly got two, I was close to giving away my first ever red to ya, despite respecting your views and comments on here. Usually. That comment was abysmal. But then I thought I'd see your ladies college and raise you a bunch of old anoraks who hang out on a stock photography forum. Even Stevens. 

4 hours ago, fotoDogue said:

Not a Good Ole Boys Club either.

24 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I have a theory that most red arrows are launched by guys. I guess you assumed the same thing. I did consider it. I guess I'm too much of a lady.

Paulette

What'd I say? Tell me, what'd I say?

I wanna know now, tell me, what'd I say?

EDIT: +1s to all of you 

EDIT 2: Love Ray Charles! 

Archived