Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm wondering how the lives new feed even works or how a freelance photographer gets into events, etc. to take photographs. I know, I'm a total newbie and I'm competition, so none of you owe me a thing :) But I am in the USA, in a semi-rural area and I highly doubt anything newsworthy will happen near me that would Alamy would be remotely interested in (plus I'm not sure American newspapers use Alamy or not?) Anyhow, I'm a stay-at-home mom who used to work for small town newspapers and just learned about the news feed so thought I'd try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

... or how a freelance photographer gets into events, etc. to take photographs...

We have to plough our own furrows, though Alamy may put in a good word on some occasions

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lisah2006 said:

I'm wondering how the lives new feed even works or how a freelance photographer gets into events, etc. to take photographs. I know, I'm a total newbie and I'm competition, so none of you owe me a thing :) But I am in the USA, in a semi-rural area and I highly doubt anything newsworthy will happen near me that would Alamy would be remotely interested in (plus I'm not sure American newspapers use Alamy or not?) Anyhow, I'm a stay-at-home mom who used to work for small town newspapers and just learned about the news feed so thought I'd try it out.

 

If it's any help I live in a rural area and often take photos of farmers shows or even round the local town and have had some success.

 

Don't forget news feed can also include people doing everyday things or even just the weather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2018 at 05:12, David Pimborough said:

 

If it's any help I live in a rural area and often take photos of farmers shows or even round the local town and have had some success.

 

Don't forget news feed can also include people doing everyday things or even just the weather

yes! It does! Thank you!  Just thought I'd ask, but then realized I should have just searched :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2018 at 18:38, Avpics said:

We have to plough our own furrows, though Alamy may put in a good word on some occasions

I know what you mean... I was honored to be put on featured photographers in December, which was a total surprise, but I haven't noticed it's really helped much since it is a down time of year. All good. It's a great learning experience.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather shots are common news feed sellers and you don't need any special permission to take them!  The more extreme the better, but on a quiet news day you never know, nice sunsets or sunrises also make it. Speed is of the essence, file your photos PDQ,   I clocked stacks of UK newspaper photos of the snow in NE USA but didn't see a single Alamy shot. 

Edited by Bryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.