I agree David. I've seen what the Sony RX100II is capable of.Seeing I've been unable to get a decent price on my Fuji X Pro 1,I'm just going to keep that with the 18-55 and 35mm 1.4 for a bit longer.

Not small for the pocket unfortunately but I fear the retailer may close my acct for making returns!

I returned a scanner last week that was really defective so I'm not on their 'A' list right now.

L

I'm very happy with my RX1, so I'll stick with that.  Apparently there are a few more unreliable copies with the RXII.  Also apparently, if one gets a good copy it is worth having.  I'll wait around and see if Sony comes out with a new one eventually, RXIII, and then, if the reviews are great, I may give the One up for a new version.

I'll be shooting my RXI in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands before long, and am eager to see how it does with beaches and palm trees.  Of course, my trusty D800 will be the main.  But after a day of shooting with it, and when my sis and I are wandering about the island and going out shopping and to dine, the little RXI will be the camera with me.

I can really understand why so many Photographers are going small.  I would wager that most of the photographers contributing here are middle-aged or more, and most of us in that age bracket put up with some aches and pains.  It is so enjoyable to have something that weighs almost nothing with me, and having the knowledge that I won't see a photo op but....OOOPS, shoot, darn and curses, I didn't lug the big one along and didn't have a little one!  The best camera is always the one you have with you.

Although I must admit when in Bar Harbor, Maine, hubby and I went out to eat seafood.  I didn't bring my Nikon, but had a G9 with me.  As we ate, looking out over the water and moored boats with dark blue threatening clouds hanging over, the setting sun broke underneath the clouds from behind and lit up the white boats.  Spectacular!  There was still that dark and dramatic sky, but everything below lit beautifully.  My G9 gave me soft and mostly unusable images.  I nearly cried.  Sometimes something miraculous happens, and we have a short window of time. Minutes, sometimes seconds, to come away with something special.  I had that opportunity, but my camera was not up to the job.  Or, who knows, I may have been so excited I had camera shake!  :)

Betty,

There is a plug in called Piccure for camera shake.I have not tried it but it looked impressive.Try the demo,maybe you can salvage some photos?

L

I'm very happy with my RX1, so I'll stick with that.  Apparently there are a few more unreliable copies with the RXII.  Also apparently, if one gets a good copy it is worth having.  I'll wait around and see if Sony comes out with a new one eventually, RXIII, and then, if the reviews are great, I may give the One up for a new version.

I'll be shooting my RXI in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands before long, and am eager to see how it does with beaches and palm trees.  Of course, my trusty D800 will be the main.  But after a day of shooting with it, and when my sis and I are wandering about the island and going out shopping and to dine, the little RXI will be the camera with me.

I can really understand why so many Photographers are going small.  I would wager that most of the photographers contributing here are middle-aged or more, and most of us in that age bracket put up with some aches and pains.  It is so enjoyable to have something that weighs almost nothing with me, and having the knowledge that I won't see a photo op but....OOOPS, shoot, darn and curses, I didn't lug the big one along and didn't have a little one!  The best camera is always the one you have with you.

Although I must admit when in Bar Harbor, Maine, hubby and I went out to eat seafood.  I didn't bring my Nikon, but had a G9 with me.  As we ate, looking out over the water and moored boats with dark blue threatening clouds hanging over, the setting sun broke underneath the clouds from behind and lit up the white boats.  Spectacular!  There was still that dark and dramatic sky, but everything below lit beautifully.  My G9 gave me soft and mostly unusable images.  I nearly cried.  Sometimes something miraculous happens, and we have a short window of time. Minutes, sometimes seconds, to come away with something special.  I had that opportunity, but my camera was not up to the job.  Or, who knows, I may have been so excited I had camera shake!   :)

Well, I reckon I must have had a bad copy from what I have read here. I was somewhat surprised that a mark 2 version could be worse than a mark 1.

It has been interesting reading the various experiences in this thread, and thanks to all for carrying it on. I don't think I will revisit the camera, at least not for a while anyway. But best of luck to all of you who are fortunate enough to find good copy's of what should be a great little camera.

And to Sony I would say, maybe you need to look at your QC!

Betty RX1 or RX100?

I had the RX1 and photo quality(when in focus) was amazing!

Linda, the RX100, I'm sorry!  That's what I have and it is an amazing little camera.  

And I was actually teasing about the camera shake.  It was the fault of the camera. The images looked smeared, like  watercolors.  The bright whites of the boats smeared into the blue of the water.  Kind of like a glow. It is the only time I saw that effect, it must've been caused by the unusual lighting effects.  It affected detail because it wasn't just the edges of the boats, but all parts of them. Metal rails and all.  Didn't look like the camera shake I have had in the past.

I don't know anything much about what goes on in the guts of a camera, so I can't address it.  David could probably say exactly what it was, LOL!  I would venture to say maybe it was all that bright white being lit up by the sun in an otherwise dark surround. How the light reacted on the sensor?  Beats me....

Archived