1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

The winter weather we’ve been having this year is a b**ch, isn’t it Ed? East, Midwest, north, south. More coming for us, today.  

C’mon April.

Betty

Who is April?

Allan

You all need to book a comedy club. :D

APRIL THE MONTH in case your brain is mush!

Our house sold two days ago. We’ll be out by Feb. 19. Then we can trade Oklahoma City weather for Wichita, Kansas weather, which is to our north 160 miles.  I hate to leave this city and our home. Necessity rules.

If you see nonsensical posts from me for the next couple of months, it will be from the pressure of moving and my brain turning to mush. That is, if I have time to post, shoot OR upload!

Soon to house hunt a new home. Arrrgggg!

Betty

10 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Our house sold two days ago. We’ll be out by Feb. 19. Then we can trade Oklahoma City weather for Wichita, Kansas weather, which is to our north 160 miles.  I hate to leave this city and our home. Necessity rules.

If you see nonsensical posts from me for the next couple of months, it will be from the pressure of moving and my brain turning to mush. That is, if I have time to post, shoot OR upload!

Betty

Just think of the move itself as a great photo shoot.

Jill

21 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

I do not envy you the work involved in moving home but just think of it as an exciting adventure and you will be in your new home before you know it.;)

All the best with the move and I hope it all goes smoothly.

Allan

35 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

Congratulations on your sale, Betty. Moving is not for sissies, that’s for sure. Good luck!

I agree with Jill. Snap pictures here and there throughout the process as you can. Once the dust settles, you may find you’ve got tons of stock worthy shots. For me, getting behind a camera lens is always a welcome distraction from more tedious things.

Good ideas and I had thought of that. 

First job: sort through the upright freezer and refrigerator freezer.  Throw out freezer burned items. Make a list of what’s left

2 pkgs hamburger,

one roast

package shrimp

package peas, French fries, etc

etc.

tape list on freezer door, mark off items when used

Take pictures of the process. I have that lovely Fuji 35mm 1.4 lens, now.

Do not buy more meat...use up what I have!

Repeat process with canned goods

Betty

I've sold lots of snow photos to local magazines and calendar publishers, and have even sold iPhone snow shots . I had a bunch zoomed here back in November and December, but no snow sales showing here yet (it could be a couple of months before any show up - I had some zoomed twice for very specific locations, fingers crossed.  I think it's a very viable subject - not available everywhere and less likely to be shot due to the cold.

I've had seasonal images sell here - even a Thanksgiving photo, so I will keep photographing the snow. It gets me out when I'd rather stay inside.  

Betty, best of luck with the move!

I'm so overwhelmed with 20 years of stuff here, hoping to get it on the market and then I get started ... and give up thinking, oh well, maybe next year. At this point it looks like we need to replace our oil tank (above ground at least) - maybe I should take a few shots as they do it. And yes, packing and unpacking are good opportunities. Good luck! 

Thanks to all.  I’m looking forward to it....while dreading it. Beam me there, Scottie. forgetthepacking....

I would rather have warm weather to do it. I was shocked it sold in the dead of winter.  At least having to leave during showings is over. That was a real pain. Keeping the house spotless was a pain, too. I normally don’t sweep and vacuum every single day.

It’s  supposed to warm up Thursday.  Our daughter is spending a few hours with her dad while I go shooting. That’s the only way I get to shoot, now. Once a week for a couple of hours. If I can find something to shoot, that is.

I need to see if the white pelicans are close enough to the lake bank to shoot. The ice might keep them out.

Betty

Archived