On 1/7/2018 at 03:26, Southpole said:

My Fujifilm X Pro 2 has died on me, needs a new shutter mechanism quoted £200 for repair. Camera is 20 months old

I had the sensor go out on my 90 day old Nikon D3s some years back.  Stuff like this happens even to the best brands.  The sensor could have gone out on me 10 months later and I would have been out of luck.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised by Fuji.  They seem to provide better customer service than most.  It's to their benefit, IMHO, to fix this at no cost, considering it is the flagship camera of the company and that shutter should certainly last more than 20 months!  Good luck.  Let us know what happens.

Rick

Update on Fuji firmware page :

· Notice for customers
We have confirmed that X-Pro2 with the upgraded firmware (ver.4.00) released on Dec 22 2017 stops working in certain settings. 
We deeply apologize for your inconvenience this may cause. The symptom will happen only when all three conditions below are set at the same time.

1) IMAGE QUALITY : FINE+RAW or NORMAL + RAW
2) RAW RECORDING : LOSSLESS COMPRESSED
3) DRIVE : any of ADVANCED FILTER
* This is not factory setting. If the symptom happens, please remove the battery once for recovery. We are preparing a revised firmware as a solution and plan to release it as soon as possible.

On 10 Ionawr 2018 at 00:43, Rick Lewis said:

I called Fuji USA the other day about this and they told me it only applies to the medium format GFX models.  Is Fuji offering FPS in Europe for all model cameras?

Rick

I have the XT-2 and a bunch of lenses. That qualified me for FPS in the UK

• 2 weeks later...

Archived