?¿ src-img plugin doesn't work anymore

Today I updated Google Chrome to the latest version available and then I realised that the ?¿ src-img plugin doesn't work properly anymore. I tried to look for some my images published on the net (with Google Chrome) and now Google Chrome shows you only pages that may contain your images only without showing the thumbnails of the single images corresponding to the one you are looking for. Is there an alternative now to search for an image published on the net by inserting on Google Chrome or with another working browser with Mac?

I don't use Google Chrome,  is this a very recently released Google Chrome version? I find whenever there is a new update,  the ?¿ src-img plugin doesn't work for a few days until a corresponding patch/fix takes place. I recently updated to High Sierra and it didn't work for a couple of days and this was a month or so after the actual release date. However, I checked every couple of days and hey presto it started working again.

Lynne

Maybe I haven't explained myself properly. The plugin works but the way Google Images works with Chrome has changed as you can see by the attached screenshot. You upload an image and now Google Chrome lists the pages found that include the matching result but this time without the corresponding image thumbnails as it used to do until the other day. This is frustrating because then you have to open the single links to see if your image has been published in that page!senzatitolo.jpeg

I use GIS as an add-in to Firefox and right-click on an image to search.  From yesterday I'm getting the same results as Stipe - pretty much useless in searching for a particular image.

Steve

On 1/4/2018 at 08:55, stipe said:

Maybe I haven't explained myself properly. The plugin works but the way Google Images works with Chrome has changed as you can see by the attached screenshot. You upload an image and now Google Chrome lists the pages found that include the matching result but this time without the corresponding image thumbnails as it used to do until the other day. This is frustrating because then you have to open the single links to see if your image has been published in that page!senzatitolo.jpeg

Hi

I noticed a week or so ago, it isn't matching any images any more. One photo of mine was zoomed so did the usual right clock reverse image option and it just came up with the suggestion that as google thinks it is a stock photograph, it gave me pages and pages of links to various stock related images of mine.

Then when I right clicked on one that was sold and I found being used by The Sun in an article on Peaky Blinders in a search on 23rd December it now says the same thing, ie its stock photography!

Has anyone found a way around this & is it just google chrome? As it's now useless for finding images?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZissG7CJoKU6H42Sa8VK34mCnBQG4NVHczXnHnd01NxcvwEmsKoy-Zwd84Qvw37KhJFc4Cp3mNboahrcfk0Vu0gJqpLaUnyO5JHJmX49IT0puBsxhqOSlc5KsMnhUmh4AlDWp9EZeB1FfoQNRujroQ2Lt9X-XIJ7QkMfOOVe0bOUBneFhVT0F3bwDXBqJa4SqRYeGTJrGqD5zFd2KIcJbwLM_1pcgqV3vk7v91_1fEQGsZPkQ_1ZujpX7VC2KzlJTMjbyP9LzXwjFwxkDk3Uce0Pl6sz-Sd8zTkvTVdgzc4g0JmAWuglLPV-6eJIf_1zE_1sn_1XJZB-Gu&width=170&height=99&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=kXtTWregMsKwUeeQvMAL

17 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Hi

I noticed a week or so ago, it isn't matching any images any more. One photo of mine was zoomed so did the usual right clock reverse image option and it just came up with the suggestion that as google thinks it is a stock photograph, it gave me pages and pages of links to various stock related images of mine.

Then when I right clicked on one that was sold and I found being used by The Sun in an article on Peaky Blinders in a search on 23rd December it now says the same thing, ie its stock photography!

Has anyone found a way around this & is it just google chrome? As it's now useless for finding images?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?tbs=sbi:AMhZZissG7CJoKU6H42Sa8VK34mCnBQG4NVHczXnHnd01NxcvwEmsKoy-Zwd84Qvw37KhJFc4Cp3mNboahrcfk0Vu0gJqpLaUnyO5JHJmX49IT0puBsxhqOSlc5KsMnhUmh4AlDWp9EZeB1FfoQNRujroQ2Lt9X-XIJ7QkMfOOVe0bOUBneFhVT0F3bwDXBqJa4SqRYeGTJrGqD5zFd2KIcJbwLM_1pcgqV3vk7v91_1fEQGsZPkQ_1ZujpX7VC2KzlJTMjbyP9LzXwjFwxkDk3Uce0Pl6sz-Sd8zTkvTVdgzc4g0JmAWuglLPV-6eJIf_1zE_1sn_1XJZB-Gu&width=170&height=99&gws_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=kXtTWregMsKwUeeQvMAL

I clicked on your link and I still see it with all the thumbnails. I tried to copy & paste what I see but I can't get it to insert here - sorry. I'm using a MacBook with Safari just now.

Lynne

20 hours ago, Lynne said:

I clicked on your link and I still see it with all the thumbnails. I tried to copy & paste what I see but I can't get it to insert here - sorry. I'm using a MacBook with Safari just now.

Lynne

HI Lynne, It does show thumbnails, but they aren't the photo of my subject I've searched for, Google Reverse Image has just searched for "stock photos" & all the links are about stock photos, not what I am after and not what i used it for and not my image

Thanks

Chrsi

2 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

HI Lynne, It does show thumbnails, but they aren't the photo of my subject I've searched for, Google Reverse Image has just searched for "stock photos" & all the links are about stock photos, not what I am after and not what i used it for and not my image

Thanks

Chrsi

cancel that, It seems to be working again now! Maybe it had too much Christmas Pud!

2 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Thanks

Chrsi

cancel that, It seems to be working again now! Maybe it had too much Christmas Pud!

Matt Ashmore

Is it my imagination or has Google image Search changed?

Previously searching Google using an image (right-click menu option in chrome or upload an image here: https://images.google.com/) return a number of matching thumbnails that you could click on.

Now I seem to get a load of textual links which don't really match my image.

Do other people see this?

My GIS on Chrome has also changed that way today. I find that if I change the search period then it does show thumbnails

6 hours ago, Avpics said:

My GIS on Chrome has also changed that way today. I find that if I change the search period then it does show thumbnails

Same here. GIS was working for me yesterday, but today it's completely broken. No thumbnails in "Pages that include matching images" section, it just contains loads of links (239 million!!) to pages that have absolutely nothing to do with the image searched for. Tried it GIS on both Safari and Chrome browsers running on Mac Sierra, same lousy result.

Google appear to have broken GIS. It's happened before and then gets fixed after a few days...

32 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Broken for me too still.

Mine isn't working again, had a new zoom so searched for it, once again pages and pages of stock photography & the one I searched for a few days ago that was working, now isn't

1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

Still not working for me. I just cleared my cache and cookies, but still no joy. :(

What browser/OS are you running? I'm running Chrome on Mac Sierra.

Damn, broken again for me too. It worked around 7am - 8am this morning when I looked for zoom uses but not now. I'm running Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 on Windows 10

Archived