Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

About a week ago, when I looked at Alamy Measures (Your Images) of the previous day,

it showed that one keyword search resulted in 4 images displayed and one was zoomed.

In itself, it is nothing extraordinary about it.  

However those 4 images were all mine. Yes! Out of 155 million images! It made me smile and happy for the morning. 

The icing on the cake was, a few days later, the image was reported sold for $60 (not distribution).

I was chuffed.  :)

Sung

I've finally finished reading all the posts in the 'commission changes' threads, (I expect a higher % as compensation for effort and time expended).

Too exhausted to actually post anything, though and long ago emptied my quiver (arrows). 

Off to solve Brexit now. Expect world peace imminently.

9 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Quite ironic really that with such bad news I've started off this month with 5 sales over the 7 days. Bitter sweet.

Yes, six in seven days here. Most consistent start to a month for a long time

9 hours ago, losdemas said:

I've finally finished reading all the posts in the 'commission changes' threads, (I expect a higher % as compensation for effort and time expended).

Too exhausted to actually post anything, though and long ago emptied my quiver (arrows). 

Off to solve Brexit now. Expect world peace imminently.

They're the inspiring words I've been wanting to read all along.

A doff of the cap to yer.

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

Quite ironic really that with such bad news I've started off this month with 5 sales over the 7 days. Bitter sweet.

Same here. 4 sales, including one for $250, which is the highest value sale I have made on Alamy. Glad to get that one in while still in the 50% zone!

Keith

As I type, I'm getting a fancy new telephone pole installed in the back lane with all the new technology. In the next week or two, my internet provider will be upgrading my connection to fibre optics.

So now I can lose money in stock photography even faster! Pretty cool, eh?

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Another $$$ direct sale was invoiced today. That's three in a row. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

Its been a pretty solid start of a month for me too!!  Two more sales today with one $$$!

7 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Another $$$ direct sale was invoiced today. That's three in a row. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

Nice to get these in before the 20% haircut!

Just sold tonight a pic for $$$ RF. It has never been zoomed/sold here nor in the other big agencies where it's available.

This again let me think about the recurrent topic of not publishing pics here and in other agencies (competing against myself); it really seems that higher prices are not affecting an Alamy buyer who wants really buy an image here (may be don't have time to search elsewhere or don't have a sub plan on other agencies).

I believe that things will start to change in the next future since many of you exclusive contributors here are planning to upload to other agencies as well after Alamy commissions cut, am i right? (not the proper thread though)

Archived