Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

On 10/12/2018 at 07:17, Bryan said:

Good news - a $204 lease popped in today

Not so good news - it's a distributor sale, but still a reasonable return.

Not seen any 3 fig sales for a while....

It must be lucky distributor sale month. I see that I have a $250 distributor invoiced today.

That commission really hurts (ouch!). Still it's good to see some healthy numbers.

My first ever sold RF image on Alamy since i started to convert to RF most of my portfolio.

It's a beginning,  $11 gross ! :)

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=D04D27C5-D824-446C-8DD3-1C6B9B35BEC0

(sorry, haven't found out the way to attach pic instead of URL)

2 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

My first ever sold RF image on Alamy since i started to convert to RF most of my portfolio.

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=D04D27C5-D824-446C-8DD3-1C6B9B35BEC0

I must be getting increasingly pessimistic (a certainty, actually) 'cos I'm failing to see the positive in this! :unsure:

9 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Paste this link using the "insert other media" and "insert image from URL" functions.

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/FF7XN8/mali-africa-group-of-black-children-having-fun-in-a-circle-in-africa-FF7XN8.jpg

P.S. replacing "comp" with "zooms" in the URL above will give you a smaller image

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday ticked over with another 11 sales, tipping the balance making this year my best year ever for both income and license count ever with 2 months left ... (ok , I only started there in 2009, after the heady years).

Yes the average license value is down but the annual income is up without me doing anything extra compared to previous years...

Rather more modest positive here - this was the first Monday I've got the web uploader to work wihout a problem (although I have mastered the FTP route). Also got my 300th image up for sale today . 1 zoom so far so my CTR is a poor 0.4 and waiting for my first sale....... However from small acorns etc as I am staying positive!

6 minutes ago, Mark Hunter said:

Rather more modest positive here - this was the first Monday I've got the web uploader to work wihout a problem (although I have mastered the FTP route). Also got my 300th image up for sale today . 1 zoom so far so my CTR is a poor 0.4 and waiting for my first sale....... However from small acorns etc as I am staying positive!

Have patience, it can take a while before they start to roll in. 6 months to a year isn't uncommon.

1 hour ago, Mark Hunter said:

Good on ya, Mark!  I love the positive attitude, just keep plugging away and the sales will come - good luck!

With payment received today from Alamy, this makes it my best year ever (since 2002) both in terms of volume and revenue. And 2 more months to go.

Thank you Alamy. Happy.

Gen

Archived