Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

Went to bed last night with 3 sales for the month.  This morning that's shot up to 10!  Now I know that's absolutely pathetic to the big guys who get a ton more sales every month, but for little old me, that number is fab!  Go me!

10 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Went to bed last night with 3 sales for the month.  This morning that's shot up to 10!  Now I know that's absolutely pathetic to the big guys who get a ton more sales every month, but for little old me, that number is fab!  Go me!

Great stuff! It is so exciting seeing what comes in. I wonder if the big boys and girls still get that feeling 😀

1 minute ago, Sally said:

Great stuff! It is so exciting seeing what comes in. I wonder if the big boys and girls still get that feeling 😀

Thanks.  I'm sure it's like water off a duck's back to the big guys, but I, and I guess a lot of others, get a massive thrill when any sales come in.

8 hours ago, aphperspective said:

Only been on Alamy for 8 months, just gone past 1500 images uploaded and had 7 sales so far. Don't know if they are good figures but i'm still enjoying photography so what's not to like.:)

Well done mate, that's good going.  I only made 5 sales in my first year so you're ahead of me!  If you're around today call in for a coffee - we need a catch up.

On 03/10/2018 at 13:28, kay said:

Absolutely!  It’ll be interesting to see where they turn up, they were definitely thorough!  Maybe it’s a book and they’ll use them all 😂

Two sales just came in from those zooms and I only uploaded them about three weeks ago in September. For better than newspaper prices too :)

8 hours ago, kay said:

Yay!  good news here too - cracking start to the month! 😃

57 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

A sale here too: from Glasgow, but not one which was zoomed yesterday. Netted me >50% of September's total, though!

:D Smiles all round.

14 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Another sale popped in overnight, this time one of my 'lone zooms' from that Glasgow batch. Different buyer, as suspected.

However, now almost at my September total, and only the 5th.

Onwards and upwards!

A nice sale of $188 popped in this evening making October a very pleasant change from the small beer I've been getting lately and like you say, it's only the 6th. :)  

On 05/10/2018 at 09:43, Cryptoprocta said:

Another sale popped in overnight, this time one of my 'lone zooms' from that Glasgow batch. Different buyer, as suspected.

However, now almost at my September total, and only the 5th.

Onwards and upwards!

That moment when you check and see two new sales, smile when you see nice prices, then realise there's a little minus next to it. My two Glasgow sales were both refunded. :( 

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Good news - a $204 lease popped in today

Not so good news - it's a distributor sale, but still a reasonable return.

Not seen any 3 fig sales for a while....

That is good news and support for not opting out of distribution. 

I had a $200 marketing package (direct sale) one appear a couple of days ago. They're scarcer than they used to be but still out there...

13 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

That is good news and support for not opting out of distribution. 

I had a $200 marketing package (direct sale) one appear a couple of days ago. They're scarcer than they used to be but still out there...

Agree John, the net income from my distributor sales is generally a good deal more rewarding than that from the newspaper scheme, and blows some recent NU sales out of the water. I may withdraw from NU this coming year. Trick is to remember to do it when the time comes!

Good to see occasional straight $200 leases still to be had. 

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Agree John, the net income from my distributor sales is generally a good deal more rewarding than that from the newspaper scheme, and blows some recent NU sales out of the water. I may withdraw from NU this coming year. Trick is to remember to do it when the time comes!

Good to see occasional straight $200 leases still to be had. 

Yes, I'd be shooting myself in the foot -- and I only have one foot left metaphorically speaking -- if I opted out of distribution.

The recent $$$ sale that I mentioned was actually $199.99, so I took the liberty of rounding up. B)

I kicked the NU habit a long time ago. :D

Archived