Images Sold in January (max one per day)

54 minutes ago, imageplotter said:

Sale dropped in yesterday. Shot as a live news image, but the sum suggests it was sold as stock. Hm, will query.  Happy late Christmas.

I've questioned that before to be told that the image was used beyond the 48 hour 'Live News' period, so billed as stock.

north-berwick-east-lothian-scotland-unit

Live News Image from December.

My current balance owed is $49, but this is only showing up in the invoice statement so far, though the date is 31st January, so hopefully it will take me over the $50 minimum.

2 hours ago, Sally said:

north-berwick-east-lothian-scotland-unit

Live News Image from December.

My current balance owed is $49, but this is only showing up in the invoice statement so far, though the date is 31st January, so hopefully it will take me over the $50 minimum.

Yippee, the other Live News weather photo from December has shown up too. Of course I have just realised that the sales haven’t cleared so won’t affect my available income for this month. The Sun does appear to be a prompt reporter of images. And decent money too.

east-lothian-scotland-united-kingdom-23r

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

I'm posting two sales from this morning because they're from the same buyer and with the same flash/blur (both from the 90s when slow flash was popular) plus, they fetched the same price.

a-british-army-parachute-regiment-recrui

delegates-sing-auld-lang-syne-at-the-ann

Ooh, haven't done that in a long time! Quite fond of it, too. Time for a revival! 

10 hours ago, Avpics said:

I've questioned that before to be told that the image was used beyond the 48 hour 'Live News' period, so billed as stock.

Yes I had that with other pics, and that's fair enough in those cases. But their reply was just that the client used it some time in that month and that they couldn't time it, which sounds strange, why put 1st-2nd December then, when the image was shot on Dec 23rd? With previous news images where they were used just beyond the 48hrs, it did state a later on the spreadsheet quite clearly. Confusing. Not heard back again after the initial query. Hmm.  

23 hours ago, Avpics said:

Does anyone happen to be able to check Guardian and Independent Dec 2thrd/25th by any chance? I have no access and had no word back from Alamy whether it was news usage or not (appreciate they have technical probs in the UK at the moment). Or can you recommend a consolidator archival site that is good for searching print versions of the main UK papers? Sorry bit off-topic here, but would really appreciate some advice, so I can do better checking in future, seems like it's really worth doing one's own searches for print use (am doing the online  usesearches, which are easier of course) in addition. Learning curve. Many thanks for any tips!!

5 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Does anyone happen to be able to check Guardian and Independent Dec 2thrd/25th by any chance? I have no access and had no word back from Alamy whether it was news usage or not (appreciate they have technical probs in the UK at the moment). Or can you recommend a consolidator archival site that is good for searching print versions of the main UK papers? Sorry bit off-topic here, but would really appreciate some advice, so I can do better checking in future, seems like it's really worth doing one's own searches for print use (am doing the online  usesearches, which are easier of course) in addition. Learning curve. Many thanks for any tips!!

Both The Independent and the Guardian are on PressReader.com (formerly PressDisplay)

wim

2 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

strawberry-fab-ice-lolly-at-the-seaside-

And I made enough from the sale to buy at least three more!

Oooh, you're taking me back there!  Saturday morning cinema; either a Zoom or a Fab at half-time; chips on the way home from the Italian chippie with the money saved from the bus fare (3d before they doubled to 6d!!!); jumpers for goalposts...Gary Lineker, eh?

So sorry: a glass of wine and I can't resist. Apologies to all: I'll make positive efforts to rein this in (in my defence, I'm on some pokey painkillers for a fractured scaphoid - owwww! Probably shouldn't be on the wine :wub:)

On 01/02/2018 at 15:42, wiskerke said:

Both The Independent and the Guardian are on PressReader.com (formerly PressDisplay)

wim

Cheers Wim! I think I used that one before and hadn't saved the web address, many thanks for the link!

Ps. Sadly not going back to December though. That is the problem, some of the newspaper images, and esp live news ones, are reported way after they appeared. I think the longest I had was a news pic that was in the Times, reported 7 months after usage.

Archived