Images Sold in January (max one per day)

2 hours ago, losdemas said:

That's alright - he's never 'home'! :lol:

PS 'Shark Valley' - I see no sharks!

All eaten by alligators I guess: those were everywhere. No small ones either. It was after some severe flooding and there were hundreds of them lying in pools on the back roads. Not just on the side, but right in the middle as well.

In the image there is a guy wearing a cap and what looks like it could be a Sony RX10 ;-)

wim

edit: Here's an explanation: https://www.sharkvalleytramtours.com/about-us/

4 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

Overdone subject matter, but this shot just keeps giving.

As the saying goes, "you have to be in it to win it". I sold a shot of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris in September.. now if that's not an overdone subject, I don't know what is!

55 minutes ago, Bill Brooks said:

Overdone subject matter, but this shot just keeps giving.

moraine-lake-in-the-valley-of-the-ten-pe

Now that's a beautiful shot of a beautiful location. Not surprised it sells well for you. Well done! God, I'd love to be there! Bit heavy on the greens, but maybe that's my screen  (or maybe even the contrast with the blues - it's almost a monochrome) - viewing on my mobile right now. 

On 1/23/2018 at 08:02, Sultanpepa said:

Always pleasing when you sell an image taken in a foreign country which you know is well photographed already.

a-working-steam-clock-in-water-st-gastown-vancouver-bc-canada-built-F1W4D4.jpg

Good going! Not exactly an unsaturated subject. Every one who visits here goes home with a few of these.

2 hours ago, JeffGreenberg said:

WimW & all,

Never been further down tram trail than walking distance from parking lot!

Interesting to see other end...

7 miles each way, right? -- maybe bikes one day???!!

Shark Valley Everglades Visitors Observation Tower Everglades National Park Florida US - Stock Image

This is the other end. Sold to NatGeo and some others. But not this week. ;-)

wim

10 hours ago, wiskerke said:

All eaten by alligators I guess: those were everywhere. No small ones either. It was after some severe flooding and there were hundreds of them lying in pools on the back roads. Not just on the side, but right in the middle as well.

In the image there is a guy wearing a cap and what looks like it could be a Sony RX10 ;-)

wim

edit: Here's an explanation: https://www.sharkvalleytramtours.com/about-us/

That's right where "Alligator Alley", (I-75), connects the east coast of Florida with the west coast.  I've driven that road many times but never could stop for this attraction.  All along the drive you can see the alligators behind the fencing, mostly on the north side of the road.  Thank goodness for those fences.  On one trip, after some heavy rains, I'll bet I saw over a hundred of them sunning.  And to think, at one time these creatures were endangered. 

Rick

4 hours ago, Christopher Price said:

A personal use sale. I think this area was burnt last summer, so it may be quite some time before an image like this can be taken again.red-rock-canyon-in-waterton-lakes-nation

Chris

What a beautiful image!  I love the contrasting colors.  Well done!

3 minutes ago, JeffGreenberg said:

Shark Valley entrance Everglades National Park on Rt 41 Tamiami Trail.

I-75 Alligator Alley toll road runs parallel Rt 41 but ~20 miles north...

(both are east-west roads across Everglades)

https://goo.gl/maps/uw7iLeT9Sa22

My bad.  I was thinking it was I-75.  I only took the Tamiami Trail once, and that was enough, back then (about 10-12 yrs ago).  It seems I was always in a hurry to get to Miami. 

Rick

3 minutes ago, Rick Lewis said:

My bad.  I was thinking it was I-75.  I only took the Tamiami Trail once, and that was enough, back then (about 10-12 yrs ago).  It seems I was always in a hurry to get to Miami. 

Rick

I've tent camped in the back country. The mozzies were more lethal than the gators - it was impossible to remain seated at the fireplace. However I have some images of a huge gator strolling through the campground in the morning. Taken from the safety of the car. ;-)

wim

38 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Graphic content warning!

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

michelangelos-davids-genitalia-images-on

15 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

What a beautiful image!  I love the contrasting colors.  Well done!

:lol:

a388-near-downton-wiltshire-uk-2nd-february-2015-car-remains-in-ditch-EFEP6T.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 26 January 2018
End: 26 January 2023

Archived