Favourite images uploaded - Jan 2018

Brasilnut

39 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I don't see any pontoons in the images. Are those little structures called pontoons?

Paulette

I'd call a floating structure a pontoon. That's more of a pier. 

But it's not a bad tag to include. Of course that may be what the resort calls them.

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Great shot! Hope you and camera escaped unscathed.

Thanks Bryan!  Yeah, I came out of it OK - was just a little cold and wet with sea spray.  More good news today, it made the front page of 2 local rags!

Love your 2 Sicily shots, especially the top one.

What amazing photo's everyone has posted, i feel mine are not worthy of being on Alamy, but i shall keep trying and hopefully get better with my photography!

I just seen your portfolio. I think you just need to be a bit more patient and wait for more unique moments, including better lighting. I've taken your pub image below, by itself it's not so interesting but if you wait long enough I'm sure you'll get a character walking by - ideally someone local and eccentric! This will make the image 5x more commercial. Since this is an editorial anyway, including some people usually adds value to shots. On a little side note, the flag is cut off :)

Welsh & Jefferies  Weatherill Bros in Eton. Stock Photo

1 hour ago, vicky allum said:

What amazing photo's everyone has posted, i feel mine are not worthy of being on Alamy, but i shall keep trying and hopefully get better with my photography!

I hope you don't mine that I make a suggestion. I think you can take more care with your framing. Sometimes it seems that there is too much empty space in the foreground and sometimes it is the opposite with something being cut off a bit at the bottom. I'm sure it is just a matter of paying more attention to your edges. It takes time to get sales and also takes time to refine what you are doing.

Paulette

2 hours ago, Brasilnut said:

I just seen your portfolio. I think you just need to be a bit more patient and wait for more unique moments, including better lighting. I've taken your pub image below, by itself it's not so interesting but if you wait long enough I'm sure you'll get a character walking by - ideally someone local and eccentric! This will make the image 5x more commercial. Since this is an editorial anyway, including some people usually adds value to shots. On a little side note, the flag is cut off :)

Welsh & Jefferies  Weatherill Bros in Eton. Stock Photo

Thank you for feedback Brasilnut,i did take a photo with a camera that Alamy dosnt except, same shop with a man in Eton college dress on his bike,i will  take your advice on board ,vicky

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I hope you don't mine that I make a suggestion. I think you can take more care with your framing. Sometimes it seems that there is too much empty space in the foreground and sometimes it is the opposite with something being cut off a bit at the bottom. I'm sure it is just a matter of paying more attention to your edges. It takes time to get sales and also takes time to refine what you are doing.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette for your feedback, i do see what you mean and will try this on my next photo taking day,i feel like i have alot to learn. vicky

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

I was about to say much the same thing! Too much uninteresting foreground in some of your shots. A case in point, your hospital image is the kind of thing that the papers use, but it would have much more impact had you got closer in and taken out the foreground that does not contribute. I recognise the problem because I have made the same mistake!

I learned a great deal by looking out for Alamy photos in the papers and magazines, you can see see what sells. Look critically at the pictures, try to work out what makes them aesthetically and, more importantly, commercially attractive.

On 1/4/2018 at 23:52, Ed Rooney said:

I want to exchange lives with Olivier. B)

That's a good shot, Andy. In NewYork, there's a long tradition of Irish firefighters. 

Edo

Thanks Ed - it was quite dark so was happy with how it came out. I love New York, must try and get back soon.

Archived