Have you found any Alamy images in January 2018?

Flicking through the London Metro on the way in to work this morning, as one does, and came across another pic of mine. Metro Property, 30/1/18, The Olympia Exhibition centre, page 10. The Metro never seems to credit Alamy, perhaps some sort of secret agreement, and I have still to receive payment for the last one they featured. Anyone know if they have an agreement with Alamy?

Olympia Exhibition  and Conference Centre Centre designed by Henry Edward Coe, in West Kensington, LOndon, UK. Stock Photo

If I can remember to I am going to wait the stipulated 3 months to see if any transaction is recognised for this one or the last one on the 9/1/18 (below).

The River Thames at East Molesey near Hampton Court Palace in Surrey, UK Stock Photo

Times 31st

JFXF39  Andrey Bandurenko  Reflection of senior woman in rear view mirror, aged lady driving car

Mihaela Ninic  Woman peeking through curtains - can't find it

BTEMHP Cotswolds Photo Library    A clear mown strip for wildlife around a wheat field with poppies near the Cotswold village of Condicote, Gloucestershire

J8P1ET  Justin Kase  Croydon crown court entrance London UK Law Courts building in Altyre Road includes Crown & County Courts as well as The Civil & Family Court Centre

KFE4NY  Andriy Popov  Close-up Of Pregnant Woman Hand With Glass Of Water And Vitamin Pill

Scottish Edition

B8EPP7   John McKenna  The Kings House Hotel in Winter with compacted snow and ice on the road, Rannoch Moor, Lochaber, Scotland

A19WE8   Richard Naude   HRMT Golden Cross tug at Penarth Marina Penarth South Wales GB UK 2005

Business

EK158X  Ae Forest, Dumfries, Scotland, UK. 4th April 2015. Downhill Mountain Bikers take on the 7Stanes course at Ae during the British Downhill Series. The course length is 1.5 km starting at an altitude of 332 m and descending to 131 m. The fastest rider will aim to complete their race in around two minutes. Credit: Chris Strickland / Alamy Live News

World

HNFMAT Prisma Archivo Colossal basalt lion. Ain Dara. Archaeological site. Syro-Hittite. Iron Age. 1300-740 BC

7 hours ago, Jansos said:

Flicking through the London Metro on the way in to work this morning, as one does, and came across another pic of mine. Metro Property, 30/1/18, The Olympia Exhibition centre, page 10. The Metro never seems to credit Alamy, perhaps some sort of secret agreement, and I have still to receive payment for the last one they featured. Anyone know if they have an agreement with Alamy?

Olympia Exhibition  and Conference Centre Centre designed by Henry Edward Coe, in West Kensington, LOndon, UK. Stock Photo

If I can remember to I am going to wait the stipulated 3 months to see if any transaction is recognised for this one or the last one on the 9/1/18 (below).

The River Thames at East Molesey near Hampton Court Palace in Surrey, UK Stock Photo

Alamy, in common with other picture libraries/agencies, requests bylines crediting themselves/photographers, but doesn't enforce them. It pays to keep an eye on usages, of course, things can often slip under the net. Perhaps maintain a spreadsheet or whatever system suits you best. I don't believe that there's any deliberate deception here. I believe I once had a Metro sale - paid at a decent rate for the time. 

^ You're very welcome Gordon
Steve

31/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p4, parrot, AAKA34, Eureka [Rot 90 deg]
31/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p4, orca, JAMD83, Gerard Lacz/mauritius images GmbH [Alamy credit only]
31/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p13, Jodrell Bank, A1K177, Ashley Cooper
31/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p25, boys looking at Caterham 7 cars, GARDFK, Kate Muggleton

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jan/30/birdwatch-purple-sandpiper-snatches-a-snooze-in-somerset
ARP8AY brian mcgeough purple sandpiper
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/jan/31/centenary-votes-for-women-anniversary-events-parades-exhibitions-suffragette-pankhurst
K71TN2 Iconic Cornwall Museum Of London
E4T86N Russell Hart The People's History Museum

Politiken online (major Danish national newspaper) - most probably also in print, but haven't seen it.

https://politiken.dk/viden/Viden/art6310256/Koralrev-i-kæmpe-havområde-er-fyldt-med-11-milliarder-stykker-plastik

D1J9RY - Richard Whitcombe - plastic bag coral reef

Guardian Online  31/01/18
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/31/british-gangs-using-violence-to-groom-children-as-drug-mules
CBXPW1    Colin Bennett    A drug dealer deals to a young woman in Cambridge England (Mock up picture
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/31/byron-burger-chain-close-20-sites-under-rescue-plan-creditors
E55J97      lee avison     byron restaurant manchester john dalton street

16 hours ago, losdemas said:

Alamy, in common with other picture libraries/agencies, requests bylines crediting themselves/photographers, but doesn't enforce them. It pays to keep an eye on usages, of course, things can often slip under the net. Perhaps maintain a spreadsheet or whatever system suits you best. I don't believe that there's any deliberate deception here. I believe I once had a Metro sale - paid at a decent rate for the time. 

Cheers losdemas, I didn't realise that they did not have to acknowledge source of photo. I'll keep my fingers crossed re the Metro sales. 

2 hours ago, Jansos said:

Cheers losdemas, I didn't realise that they did not have to acknowledge source of photo. I'll keep my fingers crossed re the Metro sales. 

I believe UK newspapers are exempt because they argued it would take up too much space. It's somewhere in your Copyright Act.

Losdemas is right though: it's not enforced anymore. Really nice and honest countries still do it. Germany and France come to mind. In France sometimes even ads are credited.

Here it used to be in the agencies and photographers general T&C until those were outlawed for being a cartel: forgetting to credit the maker/agency - 2x full fee. *Forgetting* to pay: 4x full fee; bot: 5x full fee. Those were the times. ;-)

wim

19 hours ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Guardian Online  31/01/18
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jan/31/costa-coffee-independent-chains
C0TXGK     Kumar Sriskandan       A barista making coffee, Costa Coffee, Bromley, Kent UK

Thanks again for the spot Nigel!

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

31/01/2018, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p6, Albert Hall Mansions, JC6CEJ, Marta Kiraly [Alamy credit only]
31/01/2018, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p12, 'E' sign at Ebbsfleet, KGXF6T, Rob Powell [Alamy credit only]
31/01/2018, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p19, Kensington Palace, EXK6WH, marc zakian [Alamy credit only]
31/01/2018, UK, London Evening Standard [Property section], p19, Kensington Palace sunken garden, G1AANH, Chon Kit Leong [Alamy credit only]

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:48, SShep said:

Cheers Findlay, and a happy New Year to you and everyone else
Steve

02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p19, London New Year's Day parade, KWACB5, Imageplotter News and Sports [via Live News]
02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p19, London New Year's Day parade, KWACC4, Imageplotter News and Sports [via Live News]
02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p21, Cheltenham, ENDGA3, Martin Bennett
02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p21, Perth, D6EY0X, Stephen Finn
02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p23, Virus Alert warning on computer screen, FYGT41, Jorge Pérez [Cutout & edited. Alamy credit only]
02/01/2018, UK, Guardian, p24, Bangalore call centre, AFXH22, Belinda Lawley [Cropped. Alamy credit only]

Thanks for the spot!

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 05:23, Bryan said:

Times 17th

D8TMYR   Martin Bennett  A couple of tourists admiring the Bayeux tapestry or La Tapisserie de la Reine Mathilde in it's current display case

AHD8WC   Chronicle  Queen Matildas Tapestry

DP38J1  Kumar Sriskandan   French Alps, the french alpine village of Chatel in winter snow, les Portes du Soleil, Haute Savoie, France europe

KYP7KJ    Historic Wool Bridge collapses, Dorset, UK. Wool Bridge, a 16th century, Grade II listed structure, crosses the River Frome in Wool, Purbeck and features in Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy Credit: Finnbarr Webster/Alamy Live News

Scottish Edition

EFNXNJ   Nick Moore  A busy hospital with doctors, nurses and staff busy at work in an accident and emergency ward in a British hospital

EBT6GA   blickwinkel/Layer  European rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus), wild rabbit sitting in a meadow, Germany

Business

E9XE88  Rob Arnold   The Hargreaves Lansdown Head Office at night in Bristol

K8HM1J  Mick Flynn  Provident Financial group, personal credit provider, head office, 1 Godwin St, Bradford BD1 2SU, UK

World

NEWSCOME/ALAMY People protesting over the film Padmaavat in India - can't find it maybe expired live news

Thanks for the spot, I wondered where this one was used!

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 08:48, Clare Gainey said:

*You're welcome Kumar

Telegraph online

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/features/10-surprising-food-drink-products-arent-suitable-vegans/
ARJD0R Martin Bennett Freshly squeezed organic Orange juice

Guardian online

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jan/18/from-mothers-ruin-to-modern-tipple-how-uk-rediscovered-gin
F77P51 lynchpics A stall selling Bath Gin

Many thanks for catching this one!

20 hours ago, wiskerke said:

I believe UK newspapers are exempt because they argued it would take up too much space. It's somewhere in your Copyright Act.

Losdemas is right though: it's not enforced anymore. Really nice and honest countries still do it. Germany and France come to mind. In France sometimes even ads are credited.

Here it used to be in the agencies and photographers general T&C until those were outlawed for being a cartel: forgetting to credit the maker/agency - 2x full fee. *Forgetting* to pay: 4x full fee; bot: 5x full fee. Those were the times. ;-)

wim

Thanks wiskerke - Really useful, thank you. Learn something everyday! :-)

3 hours ago, funkyworm said:

But... mogelijk terug van weggeweest...

https://www.nvj.nl/nieuws/‘hoeveel-moed-ook-nodig-spreek-je-’?utm_source=NVJ+Nieuwsbrieven&utm_campaign=3eaafc9edb-Nieuwsbrief_leden_07_12_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f6ac498d88-3eaafc9edb-50888941

Sorry for the non-Dutch speakers... but there is movement here (also in parliament) to see a possible return to the general terms and conditions for those in the creative sector who they realise are being exploited by the market.

Oh wow!

Thank you!

Not sure there's a way back though.

wim

Archived