31 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Snap! Let's push each other to keep us both on track!

Ha ha, ok then, I’ll go for that, although I do have 250 uploaded and not on sale yet!

Ive been concentrating on sorting my older stuff out.

14 hours ago, Bryan said:

Those figures make depressing reading Reimar, you obviously benefited greatly during the good years, but, as prices have fallen, seen a hit.

I was not fortunate enough to have a sizeable collection then, and have only substantially grown my port in the last 5 or so years. As a result, I am still seeing growth in sales numbers and gross revenue, but there is considerable variance from month to month and I am very aware that my improving income has been the result of a limited number of high value leases than may or may not transpire next year.  Up until this month my sales volume was down on last year and looked to be remaining that way, but December has been kind to me.

The annual figures; sales volume up by 7.5%, gross revenue up by 19%. 

So something to celebrate today, but who knows what will happen next year.....

Bryan on my screen your pics seem not processed. Poor saturation and contrast and some a bit overexposed.sDo you think this could be a way to sell more ?

I mean, OOC pics?

I only started uploading in February this year (indeed I only started photography less than two years ago), but with 2 sales that I know will come through next month (news), my first year with Alamy should amount to minimum 14 sales and over $400.

i am well chuffed with that, as I expected nothing in the first year from having read previous forum posts.

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

A good year for me. I only really got serious with stock two years ago and during that time I’ve uploaded about 1000 images. Having attended one of Keith’s excellent seminars (Red Snapper, I actually touched his Stock Photography bible!), putting into practice what I picked up there, and then joining and scouring this forum (which is full of brilliant advice) I’ve seen a big increase in sales this year. I’m still updating my back catalogue with stronger captioning, better keywording and thinning out similars but the target is to get 2000 images online by this time next year. 

A big thank you and prosperous new year to everyone at Alamy and to all the regular contributors in these forums. So...

2017 - 33 sales for $1522 which works at out $46 per sale

compared to:

2016 - 12 sales for $338 which works out at $28 per sale

Where is possible to attend Keith's seminars?

Online version?

On 30/12/2017 at 10:47, KODAKovic said:

Where is possible to attend Keith's seminars?

Online version?

Take a look here. My original post isn’t that clear but Keith posts as RedSnapper on the forum. I’d certainly recommend it. I really enjoyed my day and learnt a lot. Keith’s quite an entertaining character as well.

https://www.artswebwales.com/p/latest-news

41 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Ha ha, ok then, I’ll go for that, although I do have 250 uploaded and not on sale yet!

Ive been concentrating on sorting my older stuff out.

Ooh, crafty! I've some major catching up to do!

Having been on course for a moderate improvement in revenue but a crash in averages, a minorly spectacular last quarter has put me up 60% on last year and repaired my average somewhat.

The concern is that it's a blip, albeit a blip which will buy me a very small holiday.

71/$2814.

59 minutes ago, Pearl said:

Not quite the same pattern as yours Reimar but not dissimilar. I would like to post screenshots but can't work out how to do it.

Pearl

Pearl, upload your screenshots to Dropbox - then open them in a separate window and drag them across to your post

Alex

13 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:
Done it! Sales since 2007:
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 11.00.32.jpg

Revenue since 2007:
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 11.01.07.jpg
Increase in both has slowed dramatically this year, RPI now at $37
Alex

With an RPI of $37 does it mean you earned $320,000 last year? 

Yeah - done it but that was tedious.

I think 2016 sales volume was high due to lots of DM sales which have all but disappeared this year. I also think the change in the search engine in December 2016 had a derogatory effect on my image placements and hence for my sales.

UKIMG5Z2YrZ.jpg

High income in 2013 was partly down to two four figure sales but disappointing that 2014 -2017 are all below 2011 & 2012.  Not encouraging given the steady increase in my portfolio.

UKIMG1PdnVh.jpg

Pearl

3 hours ago, andremichel said:

A 70% increase in one year is huge for someone who has been contributing for nearly 10 years. Did you change your strategy in recent years?

The introduction of AIM in 2016 prompted me to revisit all my legacy keywording and captioning. This was an area that was clearly in need of attention. I made a considerable amount of amendments to both areas. This in turn saw my images appear in far more searches than had previously been the case. It took a long time but seems to have paid off. 

5 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Having attended one of Keith’s excellent seminars (Red Snapper, I actually touched his Stock Photography bible!), putting into practice what I picked up there

Thanks for the endorsement! Glad you're putting the tips and techniques I outlined into practice, and that it's paying off for you.

My next workshop, again in Cirencester, will be on Saturday 7th of April 2018.

More details, and feedback from lots more previous participants, here:

https://www.abbeyphotoschool.co.uk/alamy-sales-seminar

km

My first year as an active Alamy contributor. 14 sales for $665 gross, About 1 sale/month every 130 photos with an average gross of $47.5 per sale. I am rather pleased with these numbers; let's see what happens when my image count rises....

Archived