Noise free skies?

2 hours ago, MDM said:

OK. Clearer now after that explanation. But do check out the grad filter in LR/ACR with this new range masking feature if you get a minute or two. It's genuinely very useful, not just for removing noise but also for darkening blue skies and other things.

Thank you, MDM. I have to admit I’m clumsy with the LR tools. Old dogs, new tricks. I used PS for so many years it’s like slipping on an old shoe. I’m a caregiver now and get almost no time to concentrate on learning something new without interruptions.  I can’t learn without uninterrupted time.

I've used the grad filter for blue skies, but don’t understand the range masking. I assume there’s a way to tell LR to only affect the color you choose or something like that.

I guess I need to watch videos, but I’ve always learned better from a book with step-by-step instructions. I bought a LR book in the beginning, but new stuff had been added to LR almost before I tore the mailing paper off.

Back in the day, Photoshop for Dummies saved my life.

Betty

Archived