Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

 

How long do you have to wait for your images to appear in the alamy search after they are approved? My images were on sale on Sunday eve 10pm and today is Tuesday morning and they are still nowhere to be seen...

 

Thank you 

 

Michael 

Edited by MichaelG
Link to post
Share on other sites

If uploaded as news images they are searchable in the news image section. As far as I remember they will stay there for about 2-3 days. Then they will be transferred to your normal stock image collection after a server update.

 

Niels

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a look at the Live News Feed. It is currently showing uploads to the 3 December, which I assume includes yours. They should go into stock tomorrow.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avpics said:

Have a look at the Live News Feed. It is currently showing uploads to the 3 December, which I assume includes yours. They should go into stock tomorrow.

 

thanks Avpics

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

If uploaded as news images they are searchable in the news image section. As far as I remember they will stay there for about 2-3 days. Then they will be transferred to your normal stock image collection after a server update.

 

Niels

 

You can find them in Image Manager as soon as they are on the Live News Feed, and make sure that they are ready to go live. I think that just adding keywords is the minimum you have to do as the other mandatory fields (Title, Caption, Pseudonym, Licence type) will already be filled.

 

Because of the way that Live News images drop off the page, and the fact that images only get transferred over to be available as stock once a day, I think there can be a gap of a few hours while the image is in neither view. I had a request from a local newspaper for an image  (I suspect they wanted it for free) so I wanted to send them the link to buy it from Alamy. It was no longer on Live News,  and I had to wait until it appeared under stock a few hours later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Keith Douglas said:

Because of the way that Live News images drop off the page, and the fact that images only get transferred over to be available as stock once a day, I think there can be a gap of a few hours while the image is in neither view.

Indeed. The 'overnight' database update still hasn't happened on my Live News images from Saturday - as at 11:00 UK time

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.