Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in December . (1 per day)

I'm assuming it must be RF - Editorial Only

Reasonable question.

Your assumption is correct, it's RF - Editorial only. 

I'm finding it hard to see the difference between RF- Editorial and RM

It's more of a matter of personal choice imo. It's also a factor that most buyers prefer RF. 

I'm leaning towards licensing more RF & RF editorial. RM is reserved for the more 'premium' type images.

On 10/12/2017 at 15:40, Russell said:

I'm not criticising, just trying to understand. How can this be RF - the tram and the building are both owned by someone, and there is an identifiable person, and the image is shown as having no releases. I'm assuming it must be RF - Editorial Only, but I'm finding it hard to see the difference between RF- Editorial and RM.

Advice please!

RF and RM are two types of selling, the line between which is being more and more fuzzed by Alamy.

Editorial means property or people without releases and is a totally different distinction.

Previously, Alamy chose to have Editorial only selling as RM; but that was their choice, RF Editorial has been available elsewhere for several years.

Hopefully this signals an end to my recent epic dry spell...

Tourists and others walk, shop, eat and drink on the Marienplatz, the central town square in München / Munich, Germany. Stock Photo

PS, Although nominally RM, it was evidently sold as RF editorial:  

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 07 December 2017
Duration: Unlimited

An image sold today taken in 2015. Stow Maries is/was the most untouched Great War aerodrome still in existence. Those buildings are now undergoing restoration which in a way is a shame, though probably the only way that they would remain standing into the future.

stow-maries-aerodrome-was-built-in-1916-to-defend-the-approach-to-EMJGXJ.jpg

mount-sinabung-active-volcano-with-lush-

My 3rd sale ever :)

A stitched panorama of the active volcano Mount Sinabung on Sumatra, Indonesia.

Zoomed and sold today as -
Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

On 12/12/2017 at 00:50, gvallee said:

Old trannie scan (blush in shame for quality) sold today for the 3rd time. Taken in 1995 and probably uploaded around 2003/4

canoes-among-rubbish-on-the-rio-negro-po

There is just something about film and the way it looks compared to today and the digital age.  It reminds me of reading old National Geographic Magazine.  I really like this!

Pardon me for gushing.   Rick

1 hour ago, Rick Lewis said:

There is just something about film and the way it looks compared to today and the digital age.  It reminds me of reading old National Geographic Magazine.  I really like this!

Pardon me for gushing.   Rick

Thank you Rick but I think it is more a case of my limited knowledge of processing then. I was still finding my way around. What a pain scanning a trannie was! It took forever.

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Rick but I think it is more a case of my limited knowledge of processing then. I was still finding my way around. What a pain scanning a trannie was! It took forever.

6 hours ago, Rick Lewis said:

There is just something about film and the way it looks compared to today and the digital age.  It reminds me of reading old National Geographic Magazine.

I'm in the "film just looks different" camp too. It's not just nostalgia.

DC87YY.jpg

Archived