Cryptoprocta

How was your November?

8 sales for me which is about my average. Revenue a little under par but overall I'm happy with the way things are progressing

Edited by ReeRay

A more or less average month.  Higher than normal number of sales with 11, but only slightly above average net revenue.  Total sales   (all numbers gross/net) $381.42 / 188.45.  Highest $119 / 59.50, lowest the first distributor sale in months at $11.36 / 3.41.  Of interest, there were six sales of similar subjects at $21.74 / 10.87.  This brings my total net revenue for the year to slightly above all of last year.  So I'm happy.

Views were down somewhat at 4710, but zooms at 31 were above average giving me a CTR of 0.66.  Interestingly enough, 4 zooms showed up yesterday including one for a search of what I would have thought was a fairly common subject.  I had all 3 of the 3 views, with one zoom.  And since the subject could be easily duplicated, I'm not sharing the wealth.

Unless December is spectacular, I'll still be at about 1/2 of highest sales in 2009 and 2012.

Robert

• Upvote 1

40 sales.  Highest $200 gross, lowest $5.74 gross.  A bit below average monthly income.

6 sales so far for December.

Pearl

• Upvote 1

Total sales 19, the 2nd highest of 2017 (22 in February).

Total revenues of only $362 reflect the fact that all sales were below $40, with an average of only $19 gross/$9-50 net.

• Upvote 1

16 sales for $456 total - just about matches my worst month over the last year. Haven't had a 3-figure sale for months, either.

Alex

• Upvote 1

10 sales for $410 total gross in November. Still 6 sales and $130 short of 2016 total. Total CTR over 1.0 four months in a row. 

• Upvote 1

5 for $130 gross

• Upvote 1

10 sales for $180. .......and 2 already for December... happy ;)

• Upvote 1

Nothing at all,.... not a sausage,... nowt! Just as things were starting to look up as I had 8 sales in October, to a number of clients.

Oh well, shall have to put that new camera on hold.:(

• Upvote 1

Signs of recovery! Six sales for $212 gross which even included one for $5! Views holding up and zooms were the highest monthly total during the year. Last year was my record year for sales quantity and this has now been overtaken. All I need is a couple of decent sales in December to achieve a new income high on Alamy.

Jim :) 

• Upvote 1

A poor month: 12,100 views, 53 zooms, and 14 sales for $439 gross.

No way to salvage the year now - my worst year since starting in 2006.

• Upvote 1

6 sales for $332.98 gross.  Not bad for my small port I guess.  I feel enthused!

• Upvote 1

I’m a newbie. In November I had 2 sales (most was October with 3). Total for November only $51.47, but since I didn’t anticipate any sales in my first year and now have 11 with an ever growing portfolio, I’m pretty pleased. 

Edited by Sally
  • Upvote 4

After a dreadful October (zilch), November improved (well, it couldn't get worse!), with 4 sales for $143.

One was a Pathetically Undervalued licence, which I'll be keeping an eye on and will doubtless soon be reported to Alamy along with others already reported for abuse of this licensing model (as well as Presentation licenses).

One was a licence to a national newspaper, found in October, which I was hoping would be for a reasonable fee, given that they had clearly struggled to find a suitable image and I'm not in the UKNS. However, it gained the same gross fee as a PU license.

The other two were reasonable fees for a book and marketing. 

I was pleased to get an AlamyWhack zoom during the month, and hold on to high hopes of a sale from it, but remain cynically (realistically) doubtful of any kind of price to match the image's 'rarity' value. 

The 're-rank' appears to have benefited me (though I'm not sure if I should be pleased with that, given other indications?) and I remain +ive for a good December.

Image sale volume has now overtaken 2016, but $ total remains a little shy of last year's value. 

• Upvote 1

10 sales, for $254. Half of them distributed. Price-wise half of them peanuts. CTR good.

• Upvote 1

Up until the 27th it was looking like my worst month in years, but then 5 sales dropped in during the last 3 days.

All in all, 8 licenses (including one affiliate sale) for $488 gross.

On the upside, I just surpassed the number of sales in 2016.

• Upvote 1

November was saved by an end-of-month rally that left me with 12 sales (average) for $490 gross. Low prices mainly, which were redeemed somewhat by a $190 license that popped up yesterday. I've now surpassed my total sales for 2016, which is a positive thing. However, catching up to 2016 total gross revenue is going to be difficult.

• Upvote 1

1 direct sale for $26 gross

• Upvote 2

26 sales. Long passed last year's volume.

Zooms and CTR through the roof. Chuffed!!

Gen

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

8 sales. Excellent prices.:)

BME with 9 sales for $413 gross, despite my CTR and zooms having taken a severe nose dive in the last couple of weeks.

It may be a coincidence, but my monthly average sales figures seem to have increased significantly since the new AIM was introduced (without me doing any re-keywording).

• Upvote 1