Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Finally after more than a year and a couple of thousand images I have two.

Too bad it's as a result of replacement subs after some recent finger trouble with the white balance:wacko:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Trevor Chriss said:

Yea, well done.

It's nasty that, white balance finger trouble.

 

As long as you have been shooting raw it's ok if you realise there is a problem before you post process and send them to their final destination. I had a dose of image quality (image type) finger trouble a few days ago. I accidentally shot a pile of JPEGs instead of raws on my Nikon D750. I thought I was changing the ISO which is the button below the Quality button and I didn't realise my error until I got home. Fortunately all was well as the JPEGs were all usable but I wish that it was possible to lock settings on Nikon cameras. I don't know of this is possible on other makes but it would be high on my wish list of extra features.

Edited by MDM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out it's not that hard to make the change I obviously did. Just two presses of the main selector, one of them rather persistent. I've still no idea how it happened as it doesn't accord with the way I hold, use or store the camera. But there's no way to lock it. I'd say it's a flaw in the menu design not to require another press of the key, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

BTW getting the images changed over is a protracted process because I use camera filenames and MS can't change them over when there are duplicates, for good reasons. Over the years I've reused a lot of file numbers so I'm having to do quite a few by hand in AIM.

Turns out I had mucked up nearly 300 images. I think that warrants a :wacko:.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many QC stars is good? Whats the maximum number you can have and what does it equate to in terms of QC wait time?

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Turns out it's not that hard to make the change I obviously did. Just two presses of the main selector, one of them rather persistent. I've still no idea how it happened as it doesn't accord with the way I hold, use or store the camera. But there's no way to lock it. I'd say it's a flaw in the menu design not to require another press of the key, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

BTW getting the images changed over is a protracted process because I use camera filenames and MS can't change them over when there are duplicates, for good reasons. Over the years I've reused a lot of file numbers so I'm having to do quite a few by hand in AIM.

Turns out I had mucked up nearly 300 images. I think that warrants a :wacko:.

A nightmare, for sure. I think it would have been easier to just delete the lot and upload the fixed ones again. Then your file names would work.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1) Who knows?

2) Three

3) Having only one never made any difference to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

A nightmare, for sure. I think it would have been easier to just delete the lot and upload the fixed ones again. Then your file names would work.

Betty

No, it's still saved a lot of time and clickage to have MS do it. The duplication is only for about a third of them. They were all already on sale so deletion would have had the usual 3- month delay. And you get to chat to the very polite and unfailingly helpful Shanti in Image Management.

AIM is agnostic about filenames, anyway; they're only relevant if you want MS to do a changeover. I had thought they would simply be able to change pairs of submissions but the database is evidently bullet-proofed to prevent deletion of duplicates.

incidentally - crtl-click works on the subs bar, so you can select groups of subs for tag copying. Probably obvious- it's standard selection behaviour, come to think of it- but handy to know anyway.

 

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Finally after more than a year and a couple of thousand images I have two.

Too bad it's as a result of replacement subs after some recent finger trouble with the white balance:wacko:.

 

I've always had ***, but, to be honest, I'd swap them anyday for $$$. ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed I now have 3, but I agree, as it doesn't give you any extra sales!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Oh my gosh, I have another star, too!

Perhaps they're Christmas presents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, andremichel said:

How many QC stars is good? Whats the maximum number you can have and what does it equate to in terms of QC wait time?

 

Andy

 

deleted - dealt with

 

Edited by Niels Quist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do QC stars affect overall ranking or is it separate thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t think the stars mean much other than to make us aware of too many QC past failures. My images are QCd quickly, my images have good search placement, and sales are picking up. What’s not to like?

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2017 at 18:26, ChrisC said:

Just noticed I now have 3, but I agree, as it doesn't give you any extra sales!

Sorry That was supposed to be in reply to Losdemos as I was uploading several images

 

Which were rejected yesterday for blinking Chromatic Abbertion, although I still have 3 stars, currently and have just uploaded again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Sorry That was supposed to be in reply to Losdemos as I was uploading several images

 

Which were rejected yesterday for blinking Chromatic Abbertion, although I still have 3 stars, currently and have just uploaded again

I have an import preset for that in LR, it fixes most examples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I have an import preset for that in LR, it fixes most examples.

 

For getting 3 stars? Magical! I may stick with LR after all!  :D

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I have an import preset for that in LR, it fixes most examples.

I should probably add it to my general preset, I've been caught twice on that, it's one that is so easy to miss, but easy to solve, this was on a grey day and as is often the case I didn't check, because generally it's quite rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, losdemas said:

 

For getting 3 stars? Magical! I may stick with LR after all!  :D

lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I have an import preset for that in LR, it fixes most examples.

Do you not check at 100%?  I always tick the right box for CA, but when I check at 100%, I still find uncorrected bits sometimes.  Bits I didn’t see at normal viewing size. Several years ago I had a fail for a tiny bit in top left corner. Branches against sky, of course. I’ve been paranoid ever since. I sometimes find it, uncorrected by LR, in a white against a dark...like in a building. I have to go back and use the eyedropper and slider.

If it’s a gray or black against white, I use the sponge tool in PS.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did say most. I still check the tricky ones but it's been years since I failed on it. Never had to resort to PS and probably wouldn't know how, because  I still have CS2.

Looking back there are very few sales that could have had some CA. Maybe 3%.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.