Steep drop in zooms this month?

Seeing a very slight drop in zooms but nothing major. Recent views have generated sales where a zoom was not recorded.

With sales growing i kind of don't pay too much attention to zooms. There must be lot that happens in the background that measures does not show us.

I would sooner ALAMY put actual light box downloads into measures that would be much more useful.

Craig 

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Only one zoom so far this month. Still waiting for that first clump...

Zooms and CTR have been declining for me during recent months, but it hasn't affected sales.

Same observation, Zooms and CTR are down but sales were not affected, they stay to 0.

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope things improve.

Thank you John, but it was humor. I do not expect sales now,  because it was just 3 months since I started uploading. 

However, I would not be against one zoom from time to time...

My zooms and CTR have been steadily declining each day for the past week or more, as in absolutely nothing is happening - is this typical for this time of year? It's such an extreme difference that I've wondered if there is something actually wrong with the website?

5 hours ago, Gina Kelly said:

My zooms and CTR have been steadily declining each day for the past week or more, as in absolutely nothing is happening - is this typical for this time of year? It's such an extreme difference that I've wondered if there is something actually wrong with the website?

My CTR graph has suddenly taken a big upward turn after a few zooms. The system seems a lot more sensitive than it used to be.

Things remain about average, CTR dreadful as always, but zooms OK and sales relatively good at this point in the month.  It will be a short month however, with the hols just around the corner, so need to make hay before the snow falls.

I continually see large fluctuations between months, as, I think, Keith, said, you need to make lots of sales to have any stability.

With my modest collection that's moving towards 5,000 images, I have 35 zooms showing at the moment. I pay little attention to my CTR, which is always changing.  Instead, I do test searches on subjects that I have to judge my placement. 

Edo

13 hours ago, andremichel said:

Mine peaked at 97 a couple of months ago. Now reached 53 not much higher than a year ago. 

Similar here - high 82, now 42.

I've noticed views are down too since the re-rank. Last month 11882, this month 8005. The upshot of this is that my CTR is the highest since June.

John

On 11/29/2017 at 05:40, Mike Brooks said:

Hi all,

I know the subject of zooms has been raised before on the board, but am I the only one to experience a significant drop in zooms for this particular month? I noticed volumes started to go south in October, but since then the rate of decline appears to have accelerated. It seems to me an anomalous situation, so I'm posting to gauge whether anyone else has noticed a steep drop. I'd appreciate your views.

Way down for me this month too. No sales this month yet either.

On 12/12/2017 at 13:43, lisah2006 said:

What is a zoom?

A zoom is when someone doing a search clicks on an image to blow it up and have a closer look. Sometimes zooms lead to sales; sometimes they don't. 

I have 54 zooms showing today.

Edo

Finally had a zoom the other day.  Views way down as well, about half of last December.  Yet if I check my images on certain searches, they are still up near the front.  Maybe I just don't have the right images this month.

Jill

12 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

Finally had a zoom the other day.  Views way down as well, about half of last December.  Yet if I check my images on certain searches, they are still up near the front.  Maybe I just don't have the right images this month.

Jill

Ditto. :(

Archived