1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Or use the find function in your browser and search for the Alamy reg #.

wim

Coo. This is what it is like to be clever! Thank you Wim. Just need to note that you need to have the 'show ID' setting ticked in the top right corner. Also need to search each page individually, but still a step forward from scanning visually.

Hmm, all very interesting. I haven't searched BHZ in a while and am currently using my mobile, so can't search by RM only or specify # of images per page, however... 

I am now on page 4 for one (of two) pseudos and have rarely previously been above page 14/15 or thereabouts. I rarely search on my own images, but doing about 6-12 searches today for recent images, I got some very good results using a variety of terms, both broad and specific. I never used to take much notice of BHZ (when everyone else did), now I'm tempted to (when most everyone else says it's worthless)! 

As for sales? Well that's another matter! Report on that follows next week. 

EDIT: OK, looking at RM only, 100pp, my main pseudo is in the middle of page 4; 'trash' pseudo is in the middle of page 12.

EDIT2: Done a few more searches and it gets better and better!  I'm frequently finding older images as well as newer ones on the first two pages of multiple searches.  After a rather rough six months, with any luck Santa might be coming early in the next few weeks. :o:huh:;):)

Edited by losdemas
Udated stats

Yes - some changes noted - my main pseudo has dropped a few lines from mid P3 to top of P4 in the "old" BHZ; in real searches some positions have improved and others have worsened - no obvious rhyme or reason - I suspect y overall effect will be unchanged but will wait and see

Kumar (the Doc one)

4 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

A method which some contributors use to gauge roughly where they rank in the search results compared to others. Alamy tell us it doesn't work and may be misleading, but some of us persist anyway and find it useful.

Chose just one image from your portfilio (or one per pseudonym if you have several) and put BHZ as a supertag. After the next database update, search for BHZ (relevant search), look through the 3000+ images to find yours and you can compare your results with what others report. Tip: chose an image easily recognisable at thumbnail size  as scanning through 3000 images for your own can be hard on the eyes.

And to keep things consistent, make sure the BHZ image is RM.  For easier search purposes I use 120/page view (only 25 pages) and relevant search only.

That is odd that I see little change and others much more.  My, in the past my position jockeyed around like a yo-yo after a re-rank.  But I'm still on the same pages for my three pseudos, but all moved up a line or two or three.  My best pseudo is on page 3, my new shots are on page 10 and my poorer shots on page 12.

Edited by Reimar

Yes, it seems so - my BHZ has moved up a couple of pages and even better am noticing more of my images coming up on the first and second page of search results. I've been working hard to tighten my edit and adding keywords, etc, so it appears to be paying off.

2 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Coo. This is what it is like to be clever! Thank you Wim. Just need to note that you need to have the 'show ID' setting ticked in the top right corner. Also need to search each page individually, but still a step forward from scanning visually.

So, Ok, thanks. Yet another thing it would be impossible to know about without the forum. 

53 minutes ago, Reimar said:

And to keep things consistent, make sure the BHZ image is RM.  For easier search purposes I use 120/page view (only 25 pages) and relevant search only.

That is odd that I see little change and others much more.  My, in the past my position jockeyed around like a yo-yo after a re-rank.  But I'm still on the same pages for my three pseudos, but all moved up a line or two or three.  My best pseudo is on page 3, my new shots are on page 10 and my poorer shots on page 12.

I don't see any significant changes either. My three pseudos seem to be hanging out on their usual pages ("Relevant" search). Mind you, I don't check BHZ very often.

6 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I use FindBar Tweak for Firefox which will check each new page. However with version 57 it will all be over for most of lots of the good add-ons and extensions if I understand correctly. Sadly including this one.

After the December 5th changes last year it was brilliant for running through hundreds of pages of Alamy search results to find out that for some reason an image that previously had been on page 1 row 1, had now landed on page 100 or 200 (like my images of Florence).

wim

This rerank seems to have been heavily influenced by performance in the last few weeks. One of my pseudonyms has been going through a fallow period and its CTR has fallen drastically. The fate it has suffered brings to mind this scene ...

On 11/24/2017 at 07:04, Perry said:

Went from 8 to 25. hope this is only a temporary thing, for me at least.  :-) 

Many years ago I landed on the next to last page of the BHZ game. My sales were better there than when I was around page 10. Good Luck! It will be interesting to see if you note any sales change.