kay

Has there been a re-rank?

search results are looking different to me - anyone else sensing a re-rank?

• Upvote 1

Something seems to have changed. Some of my images that have been in the same place for months have now changed position - some for the better and some for the worse. 

Not really.  At least, not like the changes we saw for re-rank prior to Dec 2016.  I'm on the same pages, with some slight movement on line positions.  Nothing major.

There has definitely been some change but may be more to do with the search engine than a proper re-rank.  Hard to tell for certain now that bhz doesn't really work like it did.

Pearl

I have had a very nice change for my snow leopards. They had been down quite far for an unknown reason as my other animals were up. I hope the change has been better for me throughout. I had a period of a very high CTR but am currently in a drought for zooms and sales. Maybe good times are ahead.

Paulette

Sounds like I picked a good time to delete my BHZs, stop worrying and love the Bomb.

• Upvote 1

Looks a lot like a re-rank.  Up to page 2 on BHZ and, more importantly, higher up on real world images.  To add the icing to the cake my single BHZ image sold today ;)

• Upvote 2

Definitely been some movement. One of my page one pseudo has moved down to the top of page 2. Other hasn't moved....

Definite changes have taken place with my pseudos seeing both BHZ and real life searches moving up and down - a mixed bag. I recall something similar to this 're-rank' did happen last April and lasted just a few days before reverting to what we have had in recent times. Time will tell if this is just the boffins tweaking or an ongoing shift to a different established pattern. I will look at Alamy Measures with even more interest than usual over the coming days.

No change for me that I can see. I last checked about a month ago as it doesn't seem relevant now.

I wonder if more weight in the search has been given to images that have previously sold.

Not a huge change for me.

I haven't looked at BHZ in many months. For years I've hung around pages 9 or 10. I found myself at page 4 just now.

Big movement for me using BHZ. Secondary Pseudo on page 1 which has never happened before.

main Pseudo from page 15 to page 5.

Good placement on real searches as well.

Happy!!

Gen

What I'm seeing is that my best performing pseudonym is pretty static but my second best has disappeared out of sight with the worst performing elevated to p.1. Strange shake up. As Joseph says, maybe temporary, but the next few days will test this. If it stays as is, I've got some major re-assignment to attend to. 

Edited by ReeRay

I have three pseudonyms. They were on pages 1, 2, and 8, and now on pages 1, 1, and 2. My main Pseudonym has moved from page 8 to page 1. I would like to think this will stay but as others have said it may just be temporary.

Jim. :)

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Punctuation!!

In the BHZ game I've moved up a couple of pages to page 2. The image has never sold nor been zoomed as far as I can recall. Other pseudos seem have almost vanished but one of them has a whole slew of zooms a week or so ago. The odd thing is it was a set of images which has sold really well outside Alamy but when I do a search here, they are hard to find in the results. There are so many images and so many contributors that it's getting really hard to figure.

Edited by Robert M Estall

My BHZ has moved up two pages, but no need for everyone to be nervous - it's only on page 9! :lol:

Went from 8 to 25. hope this is only a temporary thing, for me at least.  :-) 

Can anyone enlighten me as to what BHZ is?

Edited by Sally

18 minutes ago, Sally said:

Can anyone enlighten me as to what BHZ is?

A method which some contributors use to gauge roughly where they rank in the search results compared to others. Alamy tell us it doesn't work and may be misleading, but some of us persist anyway and find it useful.

Chose just one image from your portfilio (or one per pseudonym if you have several) and put BHZ as a supertag. After the next database update, search for BHZ (relevant search), look through the 3000+ images to find yours and you can compare your results with what others report. Tip: chose an image easily recognisable at thumbnail size  as scanning through 3000 images for your own can be hard on the eyes.

37 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

<>

Tip: chose an image easily recognisable at thumbnail size  as scanning through 3000 images for your own can be hard on the eyes.

Or use the find function in your browser and search for the Alamy reg #.

wim