3 min keywording per photo - too long?

13 hours ago, Southmind said:

I don't want to spam too . So sorry for the others,  I just want to add these infos and will stop to spam. To shoot panoramas you have to go between Nice and Monaco . Stop to (the high) Eze village and visit the exotic garden (400 m over the Mediterranean sea !) For beautiful walks/treks in autumn/winter go to Esterel massif  at the West of Cannes. It's mandatory :). 

Here an other site for general searches.  it would be better with private messages... 

Perfect! Many thanks Southmind, very nice suggestions and I look forward to trying these. Eze and Esterel hikes were already planned, so definitely doing both.All the Best! (and please keep the good weather for a bit longer!!) :)

20 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Perfect! Many thanks Southmind, very nice suggestions and I look forward to trying these. Eze and Esterel hikes were already planned, so definitely doing both.All the Best! (and please keep the good weather for a bit longer!!) :)

If you go to Eze, after your visit you can go to Cap-Martin (about 15 km in direction of Monaco)  : there is an olive tree about 2000 years old ( use a short lens if possible...) . The weather will be 'bad' this weekend (we had several months without a drop of water) but from monday to thursday it should be nice. 

3 hours ago, Southmind said:

If you go to Eze, after your visit you can go to Cap-Martin (about 15 km in direction of Monaco)  : there is an olive tree about 2000 years old ( use a short lens if possible...) . The weather will be 'bad' this weekend (we had several months without a drop of water) but from monday to thursday it should be nice. 

You mean Nice is not nice this weekend. Sounds like a riddle.

3 hours ago, Southmind said:

Thank you!!

PS. sounds like I'll catch the good weather! :)

half a dozen well considered well tagged images will beat four dozen slapdash images every time. I think Wim might be exaggerating a little at three hours but his portfolio of 2400 images outperforms just about every other contributor here 

less haste, more speed as one of my more tiresome teachers used to chant at us.

40 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

half a dozen well considered well tagged images will beat four dozen slapdash images every time. I think Wim might be exaggerating a little at three hours but his portfolio of 2400 images outperforms just about every other contributor here

Not true on both accounts. ;-)

I do have images that will only take 3 minutes, but those are sister images of ones that are not just already here, but also adjusted and (sort of) optimized in the current AIM. And those sisters actually should not be here. The 15 minute ones are those with a very simple subject. I tend to stay away from those, most are the result of an older commission or some test.

There are in fact lots of contributors that sell more. I'm somewhat in the middle and I'm losing ground. Some of those with better sales have left this building for various reasons.

wim

Think it depends on whether your strategy is quantity or quality. We all make some judgement on the balance between the two. That applies to shooting, processing and keywording.

In business, being too perfectionist can be detrimental to the bottom line. 

On 24/11/2017 at 12:21, Southmind said:

Yep !. If Nice is not nice, I just hope we will not lose Imageplotter , if she goes to nowhere.

Nice is very nice!! And all the other places too, especially all the lovely little towns in the mountains. Loved Cap Ferrat as well. The Christmas Market on Place Massena is a bit too big and busy for me, but I did shoot some nice long exposures of the ferris wheel and fountains/reflections. Thanks again for the tops, Southmind!

9 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Nice is very nice!! And all the other places too, especially all the lovely little towns in the mountains. Loved Cap Ferrat as well. The Christmas Market on Place Massena is a bit too big and busy for me, but I did shoot some nice long exposures of the ferris wheel and fountains/reflections. Thanks again for the tops, Southmind!

Glad that you could take pictures. I hope you did not arrive Friday or Saturday because the weather was really bad ! I read that it was the coldest temperatures for a month of November since 1963. I am waiting to see the pictures of the Ferris wheel and the surrounding villages !  I just have one of the Ferris wheel/fountains years ago : view-of-the-water-jets-in-the-city-of-ni

Lovely pic Southmind! I took some long exposures of the fountains at night with the ferris wheel, and nearly got soaked because I stood in the middle and then the fountains suddenly started going again after they'd been off for half an our - a close escape :-)  Only realised when a service vehicle guy who was doing maintenance on the fountains started waving his arms at me quite frantically. I was there from Monday until yesterday evening, nice, sunny weather except for one cloudy day. I will certainly return. Still dreaming of all the great food, wine, cheese, cakes....Many thanks for your advice again. 

1 hour ago, imageplotter said:

Lovely pic Southmind! I took some long exposures of the fountains at night with the ferris wheel, and nearly got soaked because I stood in the middle and then the fountains suddenly started going again after they'd been off for half an our - a close escape :-)  Only realised when a service vehicle guy who was doing maintenance on the fountains started waving his arms at me quite frantically. I was there from Monday until yesterday evening, nice, sunny weather except for one cloudy day. I will certainly return. Still dreaming of all the great food, wine, cheese, cakes....Many thanks for your advice again. 

What a pity,   I would certainly make a nice picture of you running under the fountain ! Certainly a top seller ;) . Glad that you had a nice weather for your short trip.

5 hours ago, imageplotter said:

Haha. In the summer, I'd be totally fine with that (split the profits? :D) , but it was a bit chilly, so I'm glad I stayed dry. I now have to work my way through 64 gb of raw image files.... 

fifty/fifty ? And in addition I offer a coffee after the (your) shower :D.  About Raw files, I am currently testing DxO PhotoLab (the demo version can be fully used during 30 days) and I am impressed by the speed, the quality and the lens corrections .I feel like I changed my lens.  I think I am going to invest in this software. 

Archived