Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Avpics said:

 

 

Edit: Sales appear to be broken. Nothing since the 5th :(

Alas not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

 

OK it's happened again this morning (inconsistent search results suggesting databases are out of step), so I've just sent all the details with a screenshot to contributor services.

 

Mark

 

12:00 noon UK time, databases now back in sync (at least for my test image).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2018 at 11:08, Avpics said:

Database updated and IM back.

 

Edit: Sales appear to be broken. Nothing since the 5th :(

What hope for the rest of us then, you, with over 10,000 images!

Is this normal for the start of a new year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

What hope for the rest of us then, you, with over 10,000 images!

Is this normal for the start of a new year?

I don't know, as I only had 3000 odd this time last year. January 2018 was pretty good, and, as you say, having a good sized portfolio had started to ensure fairly regular sales as you'd expect but I seem to have hit a wall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is sales reporting broken too?  I haven't had a sale since the 10th, which is unusual.  Normally, I have about 15 sales a month on average, but only 3 so far this month and it's already the 19th!  Just a little concerned...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tarsierspectral said:

Is sales reporting broken too?  I haven't had a sale since the 10th, which is unusual.  Normally, I have about 15 sales a month on average, but only 3 so far this month and it's already the 19th!  Just a little concerned...

Mine isn't.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tarsierspectral said:

Is sales reporting broken too?  ......  Just a little concerned...

I'm guessing not, but like you I'd like to have a reassuring sale just to confirm. I think it's just down to fluctuations in types of sales, reporting times etc. Some months I'll have a spate of PUs and presentations which seem to get reported quickly, on other months I'll have more newspaper, novel uses etc with long delays. This month I've 'only' had three sales, one $400 and two $50s, so the monetary value isn't too bad, just frustratingly static. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sales are working fine.

Not that I wouldn't like more of them..

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A sale popped in today, so I can breathe slightly easier

Edited by Avpics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avpics said:

A sale popped in today, so I can breathe slightly easier

me too! $132 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wishing to start a new thread on a similar topic, I'd like to note that my database hasn't updated yet today (as at 15:00 UK time) for the works I'd saved yesterday. Is that the same for all? Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Pictures that I keyworded yesterday don't seem to be live either.

Ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Avpics said:

Not wishing to start a new thread on a similar topic, I'd like to note that my database hasn't updated yet today (as at 15:00 UK time) for the works I'd saved yesterday. Is that the same for all? Thank you

mine looks pretty normal...usual delays from this side of the world that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Ditto

Given the log-in issues yesterday as well, I assume they're fiddling again. Hopefully with a purpose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There may be an element of confusion here. The update to Alamy measures and the update to the image database  which enables images to be found by the search engine are two different things. This morning, as far as I can see, Alamy Measures has updated as normal. However, the Image database does not appear to have updated -  search can't yet find images which I keyworded last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joseph Clemson said:

There may be an element of confusion here. The update to Alamy measures and the update to the image database  which enables images to be found by the search engine are two different things. This morning, as far as I can see, Alamy Measures has updated as normal. However, the Image database does not appear to have updated -  search can't yet find images which I keyworded last night.

 same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No confusion, I just didn't wish to start another thread on a similar topic - something which has occurred frequently recently. It's one thing not using the search button, but having two or three titles on the same subject within a single page view (Live News workflow, discoverability, log-in issues to name but a few) are just messy, IMHO.

Edited by Avpics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Pictures that I keyworded yesterday don't seem to be live either.

 

Nor mine.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Nor mine.

 

Allan

 

 

Likewise

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico said:

Likewise

Rick

you submitted something? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All

 

 

I have images marked on sale for more than 24H now.

 

Jon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MandyD said:

you submitted something? :o

Yes! It's from my recent trip to the planet Zorg!:ph34r: (CGI)

I'm working on some older photos from Ecuador at the moment.

Rick

Edited by Rico

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.