Jump to content
SAAM

EXIF and metadata tags on first three uploads

Recommended Posts

Having difficulty with first three photo uploads. I've read the information from Alamy regarding technical specifications and QC. My experienced technical team created image files to these specifications, with EXIF and metadata in the file names, but we keep getting the message that the EXIF information must be present. We're stumped. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you creating your .jpg files? From Lightroom? Or Photoshop? In Lightroom (and I assume Photoshop) there is an option to include EXIF data when you export to a .jpg.

 

If you are using another edit package it is probably also an optional setting.

 

If you are submitting .jpgs direct from the camera it is I'm guessing a camera setting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SAAM said:

Having difficulty with first three photo uploads. I've read the information from Alamy regarding technical specifications and QC. My experienced technical team created image files to these specifications, with EXIF and metadata in the file names, but we keep getting the message that the EXIF information must be present. We're stumped. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thank you!

 

Can you point out where it says you have exif and metadata in the file NAMES. That doesn't make any sense. For the first submissions, the images have to contain embedded camera metadata according to the QC failure reasons guidance  For your first ‘test’ submission we need all images to contain valid camera data. Strangely this info doesn't appear to be in the general submission guidelines. Make sure that when you are creating the final JPEGs for submission that they contain the embedded camera metadata.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear MDM,

 

Thank you so much for your response. How does one ensure that images contain the embedded metadata?

 

Thank you for your ongoing assistance. 

 

Best Wishes,

SAAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Russell said:

How are you creating your .jpg files? From Lightroom? Or Photoshop? In Lightroom (and I assume Photoshop) there is an option to include EXIF data when you export to a .jpg.

 

If you are using another edit package it is probably also an optional setting.

 

If you are submitting .jpgs direct from the camera it is I'm guessing a camera setting.

 

Hello Russell,

 

Thank you for your message. We are using Photoshop. I will see if the option you've indicated works on our program. Thank you so much for your assistance.

 

Very Truly Yours,

 

SAAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SAAM said:

 

Hello Russell,

 

Thank you for your message. We are using Photoshop. I will see if the option you've indicated works on our program. Thank you so much for your assistance.

 

Very Truly Yours,

 

SAAM

 

Thank you, Russell. It appears that we have the option to embed color. No indication that EXIF data is included. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2017 at 16:26, SAAM said:

Having difficulty with first three photo uploads. I've read the information from Alamy regarding technical specifications and QC. My experienced technical team created image files to these specifications, with EXIF and metadata in the file names, but we keep getting the message that the EXIF information must be present. We're stumped. Can anyone offer suggestions? Thank you!

 

EXIF/ Metatags should be visible in the "File Info" section of PhotoShop under the FILE menu. (not the filenames)

 

There's no need to Export a jpg. Just use "Save As" with "Embed Color Profile ADOBE RGB 1998" checked.

Edited by fotoDogue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

 

EXIF/ Metatags should be visible in the "File Info" section of PhotoShop under the FILE menu. (not the filenames)

 

There's no need to Export a jpg. Just use "Save As" with "Embed Color Profile ADOBE RGB 1998" checked.

 

Thank you fotoDogue, that's very helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.