York Photographer

Man Nicks Pro Pictures, and is surprised when he gets sued!

Recommended Posts

Poor chap. I feel so sorry for the poor guy. Lesson learned? Obviously not. He openly says he's going to carry on lifting stuff from Google Images for his business(es).  Guy's an idiot and deserves all he gets from those (malicious!) copyright owners!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if he keeps on shouting about how malicious and nasty the photographer was to him, he might just get sued for libel too!

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google Getty extortion letter.

This is where they all get the idea that they are the victim of a malicious photographer.

That there are malicious photographers out there at all.

A bit like patent trolls.

 

wim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Google Getty extortion letter.

This is where they all get the idea that they are the victim of a malicious photographer.

That there are malicious photographers out there at all.

A bit like patent trolls.

 

wim

Getty comes really cheap @ $780 per picture. 

The stubborn guy from the OP paid $27.000 to the photographer and had $10.000 in legal fees. 

 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant change stupid...

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, hdh said:

Getty comes really cheap @ $780 per picture. 

The stubborn guy from the OP paid $27.000 to the photographer and had $10.000 in legal fees. 

 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

 

 

And hopefully those statements will be used against him when he is again dragged to court for copyright theft, and increase the punitive part of the damages accordingly.
 

Just a thought: if he incurred legal fees of $10K  then his lawyers must have seen him coming. Surely they did not advise him to defend the indefensible in court?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt this ever got near a court but US lawyers are very expensive. That was probably their fee just for advising him to settle.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no briefs were written and submitted to the court, I can’t see $10,000. But if dispositions were taken, briefs written, back and forth between attorneys, I could see it.  Several hours are set aside, usually a couple of attorneys attend depos or one attorney and a legal assistant along with a steno.  There’s also arbitration expenses if it went that way.

 

Been there, done that. Got the tee shirt. But my attorney only got paid if I won a court trial or got a settlement. Contingency agreement. We did the deposition, not arbitration. Settled. The insurance company of the guy driving the truck that hit me paid.

 

This guy stealing images was so blatantly wrong no way would his attorney(s) take it on contingency unless stupid was his/their middle names.

Betty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Martin P Wilson said:

 

And hopefully those statements will be used against him when he is again dragged to court for copyright theft, and increase the punitive part of the damages accordingly.
 

Just a thought: if he incurred legal fees of $10K  then his lawyers must have seen him coming. Surely they did not advise him to defend the indefensible in court?

 

He would have had to pay the photographer's court costs as well as his own since he was found guilty.

 

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully he's in a jurisdiction where he will get slammed with punitive damages next time too....because there will be a next time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2017 at 22:24, hdh said:

 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

 

I wonder how much revenue he gets every time his Youtube video gets watched?? 213,000 views so far...

 

Mark 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, M.Chapman said:

I wonder how much revenue he gets every time his Youtube video gets watched?? 213,000 views so far...

 

Mark 

 

Oh, the irony!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2017 at 09:24, hdh said:

Getty comes really cheap @ $780 per picture. 

The stubborn guy from the OP paid $27.000 to the photographer and had $10.000 in legal fees. 

 

I was flabbergasted when in the video he said he is still nicking graphics and photos off google search - despite his learnings.

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

 

 

not stubborn- just stupidity- maybe we can all get a turn to sue him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2017 at 22:24, hdh said:

 

Is there a comparative for stubborn????  

 

 

Yeah - a brain dead moron, perhaps?!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now