Darkstar

Failed submissions - non-discrimination

7 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I depend on my eye for almost all my PP.  Rarely refer to the histogram, either in camera or in ACR.  Won't say I've never referred to it, but rarely.

Jill

I liken this to driving without a speedometer. Although not essential, a quick glance at the raw histo can be very helpful. The human eye adjusts very quickly to different light levels and the histo acts as a calibrator. I just had a look at your recent images and a lot of them look fine in terms of white and black.

However, I did notice you have made a mistake in your keywording of those amazing rocks you have at the bottom of page 2 and top of page 3. HF8R1W has amazing textures but is unlikely to be ever found with your current keywording. I hope you don't mind me pointing this out - I'm a former professional geologist so my eye goes to rock pictures. You have used the terms "migmatic" and "migmatic gneises" (also a spelling mistake for gneiss here). There is no such word as migmatic. These rocks are migmatites which is the important keyword here if anybody was searching. You could use migmatitic gneisses as an adjective if you wanted but I would definitely have migmatite and migmatites (for some reason the plural is often used when referring to these rocks).

2 hours ago, MDM said:

I liken this to driving without a speedometer. Although not essential, a quick glance at the raw histo can be very helpful. The human eye adjusts very quickly to different light levels and the histo acts as a calibrator. I just had a look at your recent images and a lot of them look fine in terms of white and black.

However, I did notice you have made a mistake in your keywording of those amazing rocks you have at the bottom of page 2 and top of page 3. HF8R1W has amazing textures but is unlikely to be ever found with your current keywording. I hope you don't mind me pointing this out - I'm a former professional geologist so my eye goes to rock pictures. You have used the terms "migmatic" and "migmatic gneises" (also a spelling mistake for gneiss here). There is no such word as migmatic. These rocks are migmatites which is the important keyword here if anybody was searching. You could use migmatitic gneisses as an adjective if you wanted but I would definitely have migmatite and migmatites (for some reason the plural is often used when referring to these rocks).

Thanks for the keywording tips.  My niece is a geologist in Alberta.

I thought my Batmobile images might push the black a bit, as I intentionally darkened the car and the curtain to give it that "dark knight" kind of feel.

Jill