Favourite images uploaded in November 2017

Brasilnut

So it came to pass that I was manning a cycling promotion stall at Durham University, out in the open with a freezing wind and intermittent showers. We were sheltering under a gazebo which suddenly took flight and ended up down a hill, but I then noticed the rainbow above Durham Cathedral....

durham-city-uk-23rd-nov-2017-a-mix-of-su

I'm not a bird photographer - and certainly not a bird in flight photographer = but I was out on Sunday and noticed a black headed gull hovering and diving for fish in the tidal estuary of the River Tavy in Devon.  150 frames later I ended up with three usable shots.  Worse than macro insect photography :)

I like this one the best.  The circular effect in the water is the downdraught from the wings as the gull hovered.

black-headed-gull-chroicocephalus-ridibundus-in-winter-plumage-hovering-KJYHK0.jpg

5 hours ago, John Richmond said:

I'm not a bird photographer - and certainly not a bird in flight photographer = but I was out on Sunday and noticed a black headed gull hovering and diving for fish in the tidal estuary of the River Tavy in Devon.  150 frames later I ended up with three usable shots.  Worse than macro insect photography :)

I like this one the best.  The circular effect in the water is the downdraught from the wings as the gull hovered.

black-headed-gull-chroicocephalus-ridibundus-in-winter-plumage-hovering-KJYHK0.jpg

Wow.

Just now, hdh said:

Bugger, now I am jealous! :huh:

Don't be! It's only me. I hate the cold so I just moved to the tropics. 32C every day and it's only going to get worse in January and February.

Gen

On 28/11/2017 at 14:39, John Richmond said:

Fantastic image John.

Archived