Failed QC – Blacklisted - Me too!

Update:  I e-mailed CS late last evening, querying the failure.

So far, I have not had an answer to that mail, but at 9:23 this morning the submission was passed.

Relax all you RX users...

So far, I am still knocked down to 1* and locked out for another 9 days.  I expect that will get fixed today.

Peter

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I think it was a British writer who said, "All's well that ends well." 

As an RX100 iii and RX10 user, I thank both Peter and Alamy for revisiting and sorting out this problem. :D

John Heywood included it in A dialogue conteinyng the nomber in effect of all the prouerbes in the Englishe tongue, 1546:

Lovers live by love, ye as larkes live by leekes
Saied this Ales, muche more then halfe in mockage.
Tushe (quoth mine aunte) these lovers in dotage
Thinke the ground beare them not, but wed of corage
They must in all haste, though a leafe of borage
Might by all the substance that they can fell.
Well aunt (quoth Ales) all is well that endes well.

That is the earliest I have found.

Predates Shakespeare.

Allan

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

John Heywood included it in A dialogue conteinyng the nomber in effect of all the prouerbes in the Englishe tongue, 1546:

Lovers live by love, ye as larkes live by leekes
Saied this Ales, muche more then halfe in mockage.
Tushe (quoth mine aunte) these lovers in dotage
Thinke the ground beare them not, but wed of corage
They must in all haste, though a leafe of borage
Might by all the substance that they can fell.
Well aunt (quoth Ales) all is well that endes well.

That is the earliest I have found.

Predates Shakespeare.

Allan

Shakespeare? I was thinking of Oscar Wilde, but this guy Heyworth or Heywoods seems . . . okay. 

I panicked for a few minutes when I first saw this thread.  I've been away a few days shooting with a micro 4/3's camera that I rented.  My first thought was that there is a problem in QC, as Betty described.  I am very relieved to see Alamy respond in such a positive way.

Almay do seem to pay attention.  Glad to see all is righted.

Rick

I think we have to be aware of the pressures on QC.  Alamy gets thousands of images a day.  Although only a sample per batch is checked that is a lot of photos to be checked.  No doubt(?) the checking is part automated it is still a lot of detailed work under time pressure - I would not last an hour!  I am not just being nice to QC, I have had my share of fails, but I take the view their house their rules.  As noted above, when potential errors are drawn to thei attention they do react.  It is a highly competitive business and I think Alamy does well to hold standards and as much as it can in a challenging market, prices.

On 11/3/2017 at 01:13, NYCat said:

It was the venerable David Kilpatrick who originally recommended the RX100 to us. Wish he was still here.

Paulette

Yes, I miss him too, he was a tremendous contributor to this forum, I don't think I've ever come across anybody more knowledgeable about photography than him. He is on Facebook, and dishes out occasional wisdom there to people so I follow his feed.

Marc

Archived