Good visibility - requirements

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

That makes sense. I've been doing the same with some of my latest images. The downside to all of this is that it's going to mean spending a lot more time on tagging.

BTW, are we getting paid extra for this? :rolleyes:

You don't get paid extra for it - but you get paid less if you don't do it.

• Like 2

Anyway....what i learned is that we should really take extra care with keywording anc captions. Something that i didnt do in the past :(. My newest images are getting all the keywords they deserve and older ones will be corrected.

Like the Dutch say it is like hitting few flies in one hit. If you keyword them right in the Alamy Image Manager your are not only sure that they will appear on the rights searches in Alamy but also in all the 80 Distributors and off course the Google and Bing searches. 

Mirco

• Love 1

• 2 years later...
On 07/10/2020 at 23:28, dunstun365 said:

I've only been able to get poor vis despite having good tags for the image

Only about a quarter of my images have so-called "good" visibility and it makes no difference to my measures. It's purely a numbers game so don't worry about it.

20 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

have exactly NO green images, yet I have regular sales. Adding irrelative tags will not help your sales. 

Exactly. I have about 600 greens in  18000 images. Just ignore the disco bar, its a poor tool which will encourages poor keywording.

27 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

Exactly. I have about 600 greens in  18000 images. Just ignore the disco bar, its a poor tool which will encourages poor keywording.

And yet Alamy introduced the idea of 'discoverability. I wish they'd clarify the concept... 'cos right now it's very confusing (especially to new contributors who are keen to do things right)...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Morrison said:

And yet Alamy introduced the idea of 'discoverability.

I have said this before, but the disco bar feels to me like Alamy trying to get a bit of social media credibility. I can't imagine how anyone thought that a tool that is just based on the number of keywords was a good idea.