Has there been a small improvement in AIM this week?

Alamy Image manager has several irritations as has been noted in this forum. However something seems to have improved in that before, if one pasted a word or phrase into the keyword box, it immediately was made into a keyword without the chance to change it first. Now that seems to have changed and it is possible to paste a phrase in and then alter it before hitting return and it becoming a keyword/phrase.

That I feel is a small but definite improvement - anyone else noticed this?

Kumar (the Doc one)

3 hours ago, RedSnapper said:

next improvement?

the abilty to see the whole of the caption  when editing (especially for news / archival / reportage)..

km

I second that. I don’t know how many times when checking captions I think I’ve left location off. I begin entering, and lo and behold, it appears double. Then I get to delete the new letters.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Apologies Wim - I missed your original post!

Kumar (the Doc one)

It may have been a bit cryptic. And it didn't help that I jumped to the wrong conclusion at first: that the input field would no longer work with a whole set of tags from an intermediate document.

At first it didn't, but it turned out to be my fault. Have yet to test the limits though. Which for obvious reasons we may or may not want to discuss here , depending on the outcome. ;-)

wim

I thought I'd gone a bit gaga this morning, when I was suddenly able to edit the pasted phrase rather than it automatically becoming a keyword.  Yay -so relieved that isn't just me. Thumbs up! And yeah, full captions would be so nice. And...umm...going back to those light grey buttons....ok,ok, one thing at a time...

Regular input boxes for Caption, Description and Location.

Description, yes. Not additional info.

Actually Caption should be called Headline.

wim

edit: sorry forgot to say please.

Has there been another change in how tags behave or have these 2 always been the case?

The Supertags are listed in the order in which their stars have been clicked. The reordering happens after clicking Save.

It is possible to combine tags into one tag, we all know that. I have tried how many tags would fit in a tag this way. Thinking somehow that would speed up deleting tags. The funny thing is that after the tag's limit has been reached, all the other tags will vanish in it like it's a black hole. Which of course it is ;-)

wim

37 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Has there been another change in how tags behave or have these 2 always been the case?

The Supertags are listed in the order in which their stars have been clicked. The reordering happens after clicking Save.

It is possible to combine tags into one tag, we all know that. I have tried how many tags would fit in a tag this way. Thinking somehow that would speed up deleting tags. The funny thing is that after the tag's limit has been reached, all the other tags will vanish in it like it's a black hole. Which of course it is ;-)

wim

Thanks for that tip, it's a handy way of hoovering up stray tags. When you get past 10 they just disappear. You seem to have to drag the tags into the phrase- dragging the phrase over the tag doesn't work.

Archived