In the green  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of images do you have in the green? (good or optimized)

• 10% or less
    • Between 10% and 20%
    • Between 20% and 30%
    • Between 30% and 40%
    • Between 40% and 50%
    • Between 50% and 60%
    • Over 60%

Conspicuously less than 10%.

:(

Going to sit in the naughty corner.

Must try harder.

About 3.5%. Means nothing

23 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

Conspicuously less than 10%.

:(

Going to sit in the naughty corner.

Must try harder.

Yes no supper tonight and don't come out until you have at least 50%.;)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Avpics said:

About 3.5%. Means nothing

Alamy are encouraging phrases as tags, why would they say this if it wasn't beneficial?

I have been working on an excel spreadsheet where I list a string of words, this will then give me 10's if not 100's of combinations of phrases without spam.

My personal aim is to have at least 50% by xmas

A majority of my greens have been achieved by filling as much as possible the optional tab. Is it worth it? Who knows. In the future again who knows. I certainly avoid irrelevant tags.

If the options are there to filled why not is my thought process. At the worst, it does nothing, at best, well.

6 minutes ago, vpics said:

11.12%

You have a great amount of images, would you say you are seeing more percentage of sales through the 'green' images or would say its made no difference, has the time been worthwhile?

37 green out of 3000, and those 37 are only because the new image manager divided each phrase into separate words on some old images. I will at some stage edit them to bring them into a proper state of keyworthiness, which will not involve any degree of green discoverability. Then I can live in a blissful state of poor discoverability. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Clemson said:

37 green out of 3000, and those 37 are only because the new image manager divided each phrase into separate words on some old images. I will at some stage edit them to bring them into a proper state of keyworthiness, which will not involve any degree of green discoverability. Then I can live in a blissful state of poor discoverability. 

Ok, so has it had a detrimental effect on sales, have you seen a slowdown due to not being 'discover-able'?

Green about 31-5673527496% of total but this is not very accurate.

Does not mean anything either, not in my port.

Allan

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Ok, so has it had a detrimental effect on sales, have you seen a slowdown due to not being 'discover-able'?

I saw a noticeable decline in views, zooms and sales from the very moment the new image manager and search engine came into effect last December.

My gut feeling is that that adding borderline or irrelevant keywords to get my 'discoverability' green will not do anything positive to combat this. It would be interesting to hear if others have a different experience.

16 out of 3,265.

I have 300 from a recent trip to Aus and NZ ready to start feeding through and I can confidently say that at the end of it (assuming all pass!) I will be saying...

16 out of 3,565.

16 out of 3,265.

I have 300 from a recent trip to Aus and NZ ready to start feeding through and I can confidently say that at the end of it (assuming all pass!) I will be saying...

16 out of 3,565.

36 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Alamy are encouraging phrases as tags, why would they say this if it wasn't beneficial?

I have been working on an excel spreadsheet where I list a string of words, this will then give me 10's if not 100's of combinations of phrases without spam.

My personal aim is to have at least 50% by xmas

"The woman on the stamp" or "The Queen"? Most of my images are vanilla objects or people, so there's little to gain beyond describing who, what, when, where. Have a scan through AoA and you'll find very few searches that aren't as simple as that.

I've got 9,416 in the green and 1,331 are orange.  I wish they were all orange.  The greens are due to duplicate keywords caused by Alamy's decisions when moving to the new AIM.

It means I can't edit any of these image tags to correct or add keywords.

43 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I have just under 10% in the green.  My sales have already surpassed last year by 50% and have only added just over 100 images.

I research AoA to see what searches have been done and use that as my reference.  I'm not going to add superfluous words  just to go green.  If a bird is flying in the sky I am certainly not adding bird as a tag.  Unwanted views = lower ranking over time.

Jill

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

You have a great amount of images, would you say you are seeing more percentage of sales through the 'green' images or would say its made no difference, has the time been worthwhile?

Interesting question. Will look into it. Bear with me. 

Thanks for liking my pics.

0.03% in the green, but that could drop as I've been on a keyword-culling campaign lately B)

P.S. yup that's 2 images in the green, do I win the booby prize?

Edited by John Mitchell

Under 0.2%: I'm proud of that.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

1 hour ago, Gennadii Rybalov said:

100%
But this does not say anything. Unfortunately.

It says you're spamming with irrelevant keywords.

But in a glorious example of pots and kettles, I just found a totally wrongly tagged and captioned file in my own port, so glad of the chance of correcting it. <blushes>

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

It says you're spamming with irrelevant keywords.

But in a glorious example of pots and kettles, I just found a totally wrongly tagged and captioned file in my own port, so glad of the chance of correcting it. <blushes>

Or can you more specific? I think it will be useful to me.

9 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

I have just under 10% in the green.  My sales have already surpassed last year by 50% and have only added just over 100 images.

I research AoA to see what searches have been done and use that as my reference.  I'm not going to add superfluous words  just to go green.  If a bird is flying in the sky I am certainly not adding bird as a tag.  Unwanted views = lower ranking over time.

Jill

Lets take this scenario:

1. image with keywords: london, sightseer, Trafalgar square, pouring, rain

2. image with keywords: london, sightseer, Trafalgar square, pouring, rain, Sightseer in Trafalgar square, Sightseer in London, pouring in Trafalgar square, pouring in London, rain in Trafalgar square, rain in London

Buyer types exactly:

Sightseer in Trafalgar Square

image 1 has those keywords

image 2 has the exact phrase

Question

Would the 2nd image rank higher in the search because it is an exact match phrase?