Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in October. (1 per day)

Krys, the Crocodile at Normanton, Queensland, Australia, is a life-size model (8.6m) of Australia's biggest-known crocodile, which was killed in 1957 by a Lady called Krystina Pawlowski

krys-the-crocodile-at-normanton-queensla

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Krys, the Crocodile at Normanton, Queensland, Australia, is a life-size model (8.6m) of Australia's biggest-known crocodile, which was killed in 1957 by a Lady called Krystina Pawlowski

krys-the-crocodile-at-normanton-queensla

You can keep your humongous crocs. Our alligators are scary enough but thank God, none in my state other than the rare person’s pet released when it got too big for the bathtub or bit a finger.

27 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

You can keep your humongous crocs. Our alligators are scary enough but thank God, none in my state other than the rare person’s pet released when it got too big for the bathtub or bit a finger.

To give you an idea of its size Betty, you could lie flat in its mouth no problems.

49 minutes ago, gvallee said:

To give you an idea of its size Betty, you could lie flat in its mouth no problems.

Watching wildlife shows through my lifetime, the Australian crocodile ranks with the Grizzly bear for striking fear in me. I well remember being in Yellowstone park. I had a p&s wide angle film camera and beat feet toward a waterfall to get the shot. The muddy bank was about 6 feet in width before deep woods started. Dark woods. Scary woods.

I got my shot, looked down at my feet as I turned back. That’s when I saw the grizzly prints in the mud, very fresh, and the claw marks were sooo far from the pad print, which looked like a dinner plate to me, lol. I took one wall-eyed look into the woods behind me, then set a record time for the 100 dash. With my hair standing on end.  That was the year peoples’ tents were ripped open by a rogue grizzly.

I think your crocs hold the fear factor edge, though.

Betty

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Watching wildlife shows through my lifetime, the Australian crocodile ranks with the Grizzly bear for striking fear in me. I well remember being in Yellowstone park. I had a p&s wide angle film camera and beat feet toward a waterfall to get the shot. The muddy bank was about 6 feet in width before deep woods started. Dark woods. Scary woods.

I got my shot, looked down at my feet as I turned back. That’s when I saw the grizzly prints in the mud, very fresh, and the claw marks were sooo far from the pad print, which looked like a dinner plate to me, lol. I took one wall-eyed look into the woods behind me, then set a record time for the 100 dash. With my hair standing on end.  That was the year peoples’ tents were ripped open by a rogue grizzly.

I think your crocs hold the fear factor edge, though.

Betty

Scary! I wouldn't be too keen on bears either.

Archived